Spyder2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiramesu

May 14, 2004
Sembawang, Singapore
Hi,

Can someone share with me on how do use Spyder2 to calibrate LCD monitor? Especially there is one part where you have to tune your monitor Red, Green and Blue colour to the same level and click on the update button to see that the 3 colours are of equal level and range. No matter how I tried, I can never get the same level even if I tune them to have the same value e.g. Red-50, Green-50, Blue-50. :confused:

Thanks.

tiramesu said:
Hi,

Can someone share with me on how do use Spyder2 to calibrate LCD monitor? Especially there is one part where you have to tune your monitor Red, Green and Blue colour to the same level and click on the update button to see that the 3 colours are of equal level and range. No matter how I tried, I can never get the same level even if I tune them to have the same value e.g. Red-50, Green-50, Blue-50. :confused:

Thanks.

even if you set all the colous to the same level in the monitor, it will not appear the same on the software cause it measures the actual output from the screen. each time you adjust one colour, the other colours will be affected. what i did was i adjust one colour at a time and everytime i adjust, i update to confirm.

Hi,

Thanks.

I think I am being deceive by the Cathay Photo salesman who told me that Spyder2 will do the adjustment for me automatically and I don't have to do anything. I am so ignorant.

It might have an auto mode like the Eye-One, and/or professional mode. Which one did you choose?

I would expect at least the calibration s/w and h/w to ask me to tune the adjustments accordingly to hit what the s/h ware wants.

If you want something totally auto, go for colourplus.

Hi there,

It doesn't have any auto-mode or professional mode. No matter how I adjust the RGB monitor colour even one at a time. The red bar is always very high and I don't understand the reason. I have tired the following:

R-10
G-80
B-100

R-10
G-50
B-70

R-35
G-50
B-52

I have tried more than the above, but just couldn't get them correct. Now my monitor colour is too redish. :sweat: Is there anything wrong with Spyder2 or my monitor? The brand of my monitor is AOC.

Thanks for the help.

The tube might be gone, but I'm only guessing, how old's the monitor?

Actually it's better to be able to tweak the RGB than automatically let the hw/sw do it for you :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.