Spyder2 and it's alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenglw86

Dec 27, 2006
Are there any cheap and good LCD color calibration devices other than Spyder2?

Both the EyeOne Display 2 and Monaco Optix Pro (going to phase out soon) are great alternatives.

I have Spyder2 and I hate it 'cos it killed the contrast of my monitor.

EyeOne is a LOT better.

I have Spyder2 and I hate it 'cos it killed the contrast of my monitor.

EyeOne is a LOT better.

That's what I was trying to advocate to CP. They feel that Colorvison products has a higher profit margin and do not intend to carry Gretag Macbeth products in the future.

so other than CP, which other place got sell such hardware?

Where to get the EyeOne? What's the pricing like?

Bits & Bytes Marketing Pte. Ltd.
Blk 21 Kallang Avenue , #02-177 Kallang Basin Industrial Estate
339412 Singapore
Singapore
Phone: +65 6294 2292
Fax: +65 6294 1121

anybody tried the Huey or HueyPro from Pantone before? Is it reliable?

I got my Pantone Eyeone Display 2 for US$199.00 from Amazon. Plus shipping and handling the total cost came to about S$350. That's about $50 cheaper than buying it in Singapore and I got it in one week.

Here's the link for the GretagMacbeth-branded version of Display 2 for the same price:

http://www.amazon.com/GRETAGMACBETH...9?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1175828239&sr=8-1

Bits & Bytes Marketing Pte. Ltd.
Blk 21 Kallang Avenue , #02-177 Kallang Basin Industrial Estate
339412 Singapore
Singapore
Phone: +65 6294 2292
Fax: +65 6294 1121

Just got my Eye-one display 2 from them. S$399. Very friendly chaps. :) :thumbsup: for them.

Cathay didn't have stock and quoted me "$500+" for the same thing. :thumbsd:

whenever i drop by cathay they'll ask me to buy the spiders :bsmilie: i said NO!

I got my Pantone Eyeone Display 2 for US$199.00 from Amazon. Plus shipping and handling the total cost came to about S$350. That's about $50 cheaper than buying it in Singapore and I got it in one week.

Here's the link for the GretagMacbeth-branded version of Display 2 for the same price:

http://www.amazon.com/GRETAGMACBETH...9?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1175828239&sr=8-1

So the Pantone one and the Gretagmacbeth one are actually the same?

If you have PS CS2 installed, use the Adobe Gamma within the Control Panel. It's good enough for myself and my clients! ;)

Thanks bro. :thumbsup: Can from Amazon. Actually, Price is US$184 (do a search for Pantone Eye One 2, not Gretag Macbeth. They are the same thing), so should be about SG$340 by the time I get it. Or can have it instantly for SG$399 from Bits and Bytes.
Ken

Thanks bro. :thumbsup: Can from Amazon. Actually, Price is US$184 (do a search for Pantone Eye One 2, not Gretag Macbeth. They are the same thing), so should be about SG$340 by the time I get it. Or can have it instantly for SG$399 from Bits and Bytes.
Ken

Just wanna check.
I just tried buying from amazon.com. US$184 for the product, but US$140+ for shipping and handling??? That adds up to a lot.

Appreciate some help guys. Thanks.

Just wanna check.
I just tried buying from amazon.com. US$184 for the product, but US$140+ for shipping and handling??? That adds up to a lot.

Appreciate some help guys. Thanks.

Doesn't sound right. You sure you selected the correct shipping and handling option? Choosing priority express courier service will cost you!

I encountered the same problem. I have a vPOST accouont, so I ordered it via vPOST. Shipping US$12 to the Oregon vPOST collection site, then about SG$20+ to get it to Sin. vPOST registration is free and you can use it to order stuff from the USA that they don't normally ship to Sin. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.