Spyder- i broke the small blue round plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisim

Jan 29, 2008
www.fullframejournal.com
hi all, i hope this is the right section to post this question.

i need some advice here.
I borrowed a spyder (pantone colorvision, old model) from a friend to calibrate my screen...
and there is this blue small round plastic in the LCD Baffle, the size is like a 10 cent coin.

I dropped this small plastic on the floor, and it broke into 3 pieces...:bigeyes:

now, my question is if anybody knows this plastic can be replaced, where or who should i approach?

sigh.. if cannot be replaced, then i need to buy a new spyder liao....

Last edited:
Get a new one, share the costs with your friend. Older models might not work that well with modern LCD screens.

thanks..
just realised its 2003 model, and I tried it on my MBP, the calibration profile shows a purple tone. I guess it does not work on new LCD screen .... :dunno:

if I cannot find a way to get a new blue plastic (hoping some bro here has a solution for me), then buy a new one (or resale) is definitely the only way..

thanks..
just realised its 2003 model, and I tried it on my MBP, the calibration profile shows a purple tone. I guess it does not work on new LCD screen .... :dunno:

if I cannot find a way to get a new blue plastic (hoping some bro here has a solution for me), then buy a new one (or resale) is definitely the only way..
Try email to Datacolor (in HK) about your problem. See whether they can solve it without incurring much charges in mailing a replacement to you.

The last time I bought a used Eye One Display 2 from ebay USA, it came without the counterweight. I emailed the US office and they couriered the stuff to me FOC.

Hi Yogibear, thanks.
I have paid my friend money to trade in the Spyder for SpyderIII elite at CP.

Hi Yogibear, thanks.
I have paid my friend money to trade in the Spyder for SpyderIII elite at CP.

Your friend will not regret this..

Status
Not open for further replies.