Spyder 3 Elite Calibration on Dell E248WFP

amachi

Jul 20, 2009
I followed the instructions, reset everything to factory default. Follow the default instructions from Spyder 3 Elite and now my monitor looks reddish if not pinkish. Can anyone help with this? I've tried recalibrating it again using default steps. Still give me same result... :sweat:

argh.. frustated.

don't have personal experience with Spyder 3, but here's a page with someone going over the process... just as a reference for the process...

and is there any other program that might be controlling the colour of the computer... like Windows 7 has a color management system, which might try to control the colour as well, and you might need to turn it off if the Spyder's software had not done so on its own... here're the details for Windows 7's management system and how to switch it off... and if you have some version of Adobe Photoshop that installs Adobe Gamma onto your system, make sure you have that off as well (by removing it from the "Startup" folder in your Windows menu)...

I followed the instructions, reset everything to factory default. Follow the default instructions from Spyder 3 Elite and now my monitor looks reddish if not pinkish. Can anyone help with this? I've tried recalibrating it again using default steps. Still give me same result... :sweat:

argh.. frustated.

I am using the older Dell monitor without any issue. Are you using version 4? Did you switch off your environment lights?

I recalibrated my monitor again, but this time instead of doing factory reset, I change the RGB and brightness/contrast and adjust accordingly to get the correct measurement.

If I am not mistaken, final result that I got is difference between RGB is less than 0.5.
Kelvin is still above the targeted 6500K, I got around 6550K.
Luminance is around 103.

When I get home, I'll try your suggestions, hopefully it can improve :)

Thanks heaps :D