Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

i400

Dec 22, 2004
Hi All,

A Happy New Year to everyone.
Please post your C&C for the picture posted.

sized_800_DSC_06782007-02-22.JPG

nice backlight, good focus, but subject not interesting and rather messy, ie complicated, not pleasing to the eye.

i like the DOF. but eh...spring time usually associated with flowers ya? just my 2 pennies

I concur with espion on the lighting and focus.

Though the background is too messy to me.

Hi,

Thanks for the compliments for the focus and lighting. Would it improve the picture if I use DOF to blur the background i? Your feedback is valuable.

the background is fine. the DOF is fine. it is the subject thats the problem. what was it in these sprigs of green that you saw that you want to share with your viewers? Did it please your eye? If so you need to convey that pleasure via a photograph to viewers too. As it is I do not see anything pic-worthy, nor of anything aesthetic or compelling to sight.

I agree with espion. You could perhaps focus on 1 sprig instead of several sprigs. At the moment, having 3 sprigs is kind of distracting.

nice. i would have selected more spring-look-alike flowers.

Hi All,

Thanks for the valuable feedback. I appreciate the feedback from espion that the subject does not capture the viewer eyes. Thanks for cityofangels letting me know how to improve on the subject.

Flower is the common theme for spring and I would like to try something new. What I would like to show is the young sprig that has grown out from soil.

Status
Not open for further replies.