SPRING Singapore ICV Voucher

Softcore

Jan 27, 2008
Hi guys,

I recently (ok yesterday lol) submitted an application for this voucher for purpose of purchasing lens to expand my range of services from printing to photography. Does anyone know if lens purchase can be claimed?

Cheers! :D

I am not an expert but they will regard it as your business expense. They will not fund it. It must be something out of your daily operations.

Btw, yesterday they had a new announcement: All IT hardware and major hardware not supported any more.

oh man! that sucks.. :(

If can I would had 2X D4s bro. Cannot lah.

Nope, "Cameras" and "Photography Peripherals" are in the updated list of non-supportable items in their FAQ:

What are some examples of non-supportable items?
Please refer to the updated list of non-supportable items* under each of the categories below:
Equipment & Hardware
Standalone electrical & electronic appliances, such as the following, will not be supported under ICV:
Personal Computers
Desktop Computers
Tablets
Hand-phones/Telephones
Cameras
Radios
Television sets
CCTVs
Lightings
Refrigerators
Air-conditioners
Printers/Copiers/Fax machines
Computer or photography peripherals such as monitor, mouse, charger, modem, router, etc

http://www.spring.gov.sg/Enterprise/ICV/Documents/Enhanced_ICV_FAQs.pdf

Erm are items same as PIC? with regards to photography..?

Sometimes i wonder about these types of grants, they seem to forget about other industries...

Haha.. I had a bunch of stuff rejected recently... iMac with FCP X, ProRes recorder and some data storage solutions.

A friend of mine called them up to ask about his own stuff, then asked about an iMac. They won't fund it unless it's part of a solution e.g. Point of Sale system..

well the computer will certainly help in upgrading my workflow...I'm only on a macbook pro now... doesn't that count as productivity? :think::think:

In short, they won't fund it if it's part of the gears/ operating costs that you have incurred. They want u to look at ways to enhance. They won't fund a better computer or camera but if it's something out of your comfort zone and helps, they will support it.