Spring In The City

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazerLordz

Sep 8, 2004
near the Equator
At Raffles City

Taken from the Raffles City website..

Shaanxi Costume Troupe 1 – 16 February (except 8 – 10 February)
Let the Shaanxi Costume Troupe take you down memory lane in
theatrical costumes from the past including bronze armour wear and elaborate dresses of various dynasties. History has never been so visually spectacular!

Little Egret Folk Dance Troupe 17 – 23 February
Famed for its rich performing style with distinct South Fujian features, the Little Egret Folk Dance Troupe has performed for luminaries including President Jiang Zemin and Premier Zhu Rongji.

Showtime :
1pm & 7pm (Tuesday – Friday)
1pm, 4pm & 7pm (Saturday & Sunday)
No performance on Monday

Good opportunity for indoor shots. :)

Yeah I suppose so_Or at the very worst, the atrium.But it should be the stage. :)

Thanks for the information. :bsmilie:

I went there with Prismatic about a week ago, have to go there super early to get a good spot. Else all the old uncles come. :bsmilie:

n0d3 said:
I went there with Prismatic about a week ago, have to go there super early to get a good spot. Else all the old uncles come. :bsmilie:

How early to avoid them? :dunno:

30-40 min for weekdays? Weekends are a killer. Or if you want you can bring a mini-stool along if you're short or you'll know you'll come late. Saw some of them using it.

For these 2 groups I think it's pretty okay... since there will be here for quite some time. Maybe just avoid the weekends or wait until a few days before their performance end.

From experience, think the weekdays 1pm show are the least crowded (Cos everyone at work mah).30-60mins before the show should be okay. Weekends, you come 2 hours earlier, also got people taking up the centre laio.

I'm okay with people who come super-early just for a good position, and even with guys who uses stools and step-ladders. I'm cool with them. What baffles me are people who comes day after day, 2 twice a day, to shoot at the same performance again and again... :dunno:

Prismatic said:
I'm okay with people who come super-early just for a good position, and even with guys who uses stools and step-ladders. I'm cool with them. What baffles me are people who comes day after day, 2 twice a day, to shoot at the same performance again and again... :dunno:

Maybe they want to get the best possible shots out of each performance. It is also time to get to know more abt yr camera.

Prismatic said:
What baffles me are people who comes day after day, 2 twice a day, to shoot at the same performance again and again... :dunno:

Nope. For the past few performance (I mean different troupe), the 1pm and 7pm performance differ in some segments.
For the very first troupe, I had to go for 3 time slot to catch the entire performances.

ken111111 said:
Nope. For the past few performance (I mean different troupe), the 1pm and 7pm performance differ in some segments.
For the very first troupe, I had to go for 3 time slot to catch the entire performances.

Me too. It's hard to get good shots all in one show. Maybe because it is due to my lousy skill. I would usually go there for 2 to 3 times (for eachr group) before I feel it is enough.

Sometime I need to go down twice , one for close up another for full body shoots.

Don't flame me hor, I am new and need to practise more hor

:)

Prismatic said:
For these 2 groups I think it's pretty okay... since there will be here for quite some time. Maybe just avoid the weekends or wait until a few days before their performance end.

From experience, think the weekdays 1pm show are the least crowded (Cos everyone at work mah).30-60mins before the show should be okay. Weekends, you come 2 hours earlier, also got people taking up the centre laio.

Good. Then I would try to make my way down to the 1pm show. :bsmilie:
Definitely no no for weekends. :nono:

ken111111 said:

Wa.... Like that do wat from 1.30 to 6.30? :dunno:

DarkForce said:
Me too. It's hard to get good shots all in one show. Maybe because it is due to my lousy skill. I would usually go there for 2 to 3 times (for eachr group) before I feel it is enough.

Sometime I need to go down twice , one for close up another for full body shoots.

Don't flame me hor, I am new and need to practise more hor

:)

I also new here. :bsmilie:

Venom81 said:
Wa.... Like that do wat from 1.30 to 6.30? :dunno:

I went for the 4 show on 4 different days....
I forgot I took video during 1 show.

ken111111 said:
I went for the 4 show on 4 different days....
I forgot I took video during 1 show.

4 show on 4 different days. :thumbsup:
Both 1pm and 7pm show?

Venom81 said:
4 show on 4 different days. :thumbsup:
Both 1pm and 7pm show?

Yes. Because there will different performance segment for 1pm and 7pm show.

ken111111 said:
Yes. Because there will different performance segment for 1pm and 7pm show.

Oic. :bsmilie:

anyone know when would the Shanxi costume fashion show end?

Regards.

WideZoom said:
anyone know when would the Shanxi costume fashion show end?

Regards.
You're too late...it ended 2 days ago. (last day of performance was 16 Feb).

Anyways can still go catch the Little Egret Folk Dance Troupe...now on twice daily at 1pm and 7pm with additional show at 4pm on weekends.

Oops...to bad.
Thanks for the info Garion.

Status
Not open for further replies.