Spreading of fungus from lens to body

Status
Not open for further replies.

csnap

Mar 17, 2007
Dear All,

I've searched thru and saw quite a no. of threads on spreading of fungus from infected lens to other lenses.
However, would like to find out if mounting of an infected lens will also spread to the camera body?
1) Does it depend on how long the lens has been mounted to the body? or
2) Does it depend on how bad of the fungus infection on the lens?

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks.

Fungus doesn't bother where it sits on: camera, lens, skin, vegetables, dead animals .. as long as there is something to live from it will happily spread and grow. In the "eyes of the fungus" your camera looks similar to any lens. If you have any lens with fungus better bring it for cleaning before the damage goes on. Once the coating is affected .. say farewell.

fungus exist in everywhere, it just waiting for the right condition to "bloom", so it is recommended to use a proper storage for preventing fungus to grow.

Yeah get a electric dry cabinet. Buy Buy Buy.. Its SG Sale now!!! :bsmilie:

And I have a SLR camera with lens in dry cabinet for almost 10years. Still no sign of fungus on lens although i don't clean it often.

Dear All,

Thanks for the responses.
Sorry if i did not make it clear.
I actually tried on a fungus infected lens for a couple of hours but did not put it in my dry cabinet.
So worrying if the fungus will spread to my camera body.
Not sure if i m worrying too much.

Regards.

Dear All,

Thanks for the responses.
Sorry if i did not make it clear.
I actually tried on a fungus infected lens for a couple of hours but did not put it in my dry cabinet.
So worrying if the fungus will spread to my camera body.
Not sure if i m worrying too much.

Regards.
the fungus spore is everywhere, in the air we breath, and it already landed your camera long ago once you open up the package box, probably now have more of it after you mounted the infected lens, it just waiting for a right condition to grow.

not to hijack this thread, but is a dry cabi an immediate requirement?

Say I use the camera regularly every week and I turn the air con on every evening, will that do for the meantime?

the fungus spore is everywhere, in the air we breath, and it already landed your camera long ago once you open up the package box, probably now have more of it after you mounted the infected lens, it just waiting for a right condition to grow.

yes. this is totally the case.
its ubiquitous .

when it have the right condition, e.g temperature, moist, it can grow le.
even if you use all brand new lenses, nv keep in dry cabinet/dry box, both can grow fungus ...

:think:

not to hijack this thread, but is a dry cabi an immediate requirement?
You did already. Search the forum, your question had been discussed many times.

Say I use the camera regularly every week and I turn the air con on every evening, will that do for the meantime?

Should do for the moment. A dry cabinet also offers a nice and tidy place for camera storage, not just preventing fungus growth.

You did already. Search the forum, your question had been discussed many times.

Hehe, I didn't mean to. My apologies. The question was actually with regards to the one below.

Should do for the moment. A dry cabinet also offers a nice and tidy place for camera storage, not just preventing fungus growth.

Thanks for the input!:)

Thanks all for your feedback!

In summary, fungus infected lenses by right will not spread the fungus to other lenses or body mounted if all are well kept in a dry cabinet.
This will prevent further growth of fungus but will not kill the fungus.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.