Spray paint your tripod!!

SpyGlass

Jan 21, 2008
CCK
i did a search and seems not much topics on this.

i know most tripod owners are happy the way the tripod looks but my velbon sherpa is silver and i really like to customise it.

There are pro-foto tripods with wonderful camo finish available but i wanted to make do with what i have.

now i've seen videos on how they spray paint rifles and guns in the states but it's quite tedious.

anyone has experience? i know artfriend sells a can of spray that is in camo colour..but i guess the problem is sealing it and prevent it from chipping off due to handling.

Let's talk!

expensive idea? lol

spray paint and destroy your tripod...a more expensive idea...

besides that, i believe gaffer tapes need to be changed very 6mths due to the humidity. maybe not so often if seldom used.

anyway , i cant find the camo gaffer tapes on sale cos most people bringing in standard black..

i did a search and seems not much topics on this.

i know most tripod owners are happy the way the tripod looks but my velbon sherpa is silver and i really like to customise it.

There are pro-foto tripods with wonderful camo finish available but i wanted to make do with what i have.

now i've seen videos on how they spray paint rifles and guns in the states but it's quite tedious.

anyone has experience? i know artfriend sells a can of spray that is in camo colour..but i guess the problem is sealing it and prevent it from chipping off due to handling.

Let's talk!

Won't recommend it. It will most likely ruin the tripod instead.

Of all the camera equipment, the tripod is the most banged-up. Therefore, having mud, scratches, etc on the tripod is very common. Very often you would have to scrub and wash the tripod after an outdoor photoshoot. As such, I try to ensure my tripod is as "washable" as possible. Spray painting and 'gaffer' of the tripod would make it more difficult to clean, or destroy the paint work. Therefore, I would not recommend doing it. Furthermore, if you spray all the sections, it may affect the smoothness of the tripod when it is retracted. Worse case is that the paint may melt at high temperatures when outdoors and the tripod legs may get stuck inside.

By the way, I use carbon tripods, and I find the default patterns quite pleasing.

I would not recommend spraying the tripod unless it is only for display purposes.

if you really want to do it... simple..

get green, black and brown spray paint... see which color shades you like..
get some leaves (those with very thin leaves or those pointy leaves) depending what u like..

put ur tripod on a bed of newspaper or plastic to protect ur floor.. put some leaves over and start being creative....

or try something on youtube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v38CmkOPvM4&feature=related

or u can use heat shrinking sleeve thats black in color.

if u want colorful sleeve, try finding the plasticky sleeve that mom used for the bamboo poles in the olden day. this sleeve is also heat shrinking (just pour hot water can liao).

or u can use heat shrinking sleeve thats black in color.

if u want colorful sleeve, try finding the plasticky sleeve that mom used for the bamboo poles in the olden day. this sleeve is also heat shrinking (just pour hot water can liao).
one leg in yellow, one leg in red, another in blue? nice!!

I think if you tape it, very likely it'll interfere with the lower sections of the legs. but still you can personalize the top section lah. go crazy man! put some glitter and beads also, stylomilo. :bsmilie:

I gaffer my tripod with green camo tape and btw 1 of the mass seller here sells camo painted tripod.

I think if you tape it, very likely it'll interfere with the lower sections of the legs. but still you can personalize the top section lah. go crazy man! put some glitter and beads also, stylomilo. :bsmilie:

Sounds super BLING BLING>>>

maybe if you do a good job you can take a pic and send to STOMP~!

glow in the dark coating as well?
you'll look cool taking night landscapes.