spots on dark background photos with canon ixus

Status
Not open for further replies.

weng

Jan 15, 2003
Visit site
using ixus 120IS and found that certain dark shots taken with flash will have random spots on it.. machiam water spots. but i checked the lens surface... seems to be clean leh... anyone knows what could be the problem?

below are some examples...

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
it's not as clean as you think. Better get it properly cleaned.

weng

Jan 15, 2003
Visit site
can i say such problems are definitely external, as in can clean one, and not something wrong inside that i need to send back to service center?

J-Chan

Sep 21, 2005
dust particles in the air catching the light from your flash.. those without flash are supposedly clean in the dark areas right..

styloe

Jul 31, 2008
These are dust in the air.. it'll be more apparent during the haze season + flash at nite.

The way to tell if it is internal = the same spot exists in all your pics consistently. If not, it must be external. Make sense? ;)

weng

Jan 15, 2003
Visit site
hmm... sounds logical... just that didn't remember having this problem all along with my previous cams... even if have, i tink it's at least not so prominent as in so easily can catch the spots that i can take notice of and be disturbed by it.... these are just some... there are more from the pics we've taken... :(

let me continue monitoring and see how... thanks guys! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom