Spot the error in today's Sony Alpha ad in ST (Aug 12 2006)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timber Wolf

Oct 16, 2003
Visit site
Whoo. Big glaring error there. See who else spots it first! ;)

QX

:confused: 1.2 MP CCD?!:confused: :bsmilie: :dunno:

Timber Wolf said:
Whoo. Big glaring error there. See who else spots it first! ;)

QX
price $17.99:devil: ?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
No money buy ST... can take pic & show anot? :bsmilie:

Haha cannot la. after kena sue my pants off =P

tamiya_model: right on ;)

QX

hahaha...u got sharp eyes!

anyway, i was too engrossed in the other things to notice the 1.2 MP CCD thingy....the copy-write jia lat liao..haha

Timber Wolf said:
Haha cannot la. after kena sue my pants off =P

tamiya_model: right on ;)

QX

Thanks! At first I thought they meant the resolution of the LCD, then I read CCD, then I realised that the alpha was in BIG trouble
- even camera phone got higher MP! :bsmilie:

Yup. Hehe. I don't mind a 1.2MP LCD monitor though. :bsmilie: Just read that (issit Sharp/Samsung) just released a 3-inch VGA LCD monitor. That would be interesting. Someone's gonna kena for that error man. ;p
QX

Maybe it was intentional?;p
It has made you spread the word about the camera.

Hahaha. Maybe it was intentional, but if it was I think it'd be a bad miscalculation. We know the specs and can laugh about it. But to those newbies, whom this cam is targetting, would take it at face value and compare with C/N (wah! this one got 8! that one got 10! this one only 1.2 lousy lah!) :bsmilie:

QX

1.2 MP CCD,
somebody forgot the 'o' in 10.2 MP CCD, that's what I truly think.

But such a big advert, how come ppl can make such blatant error, unless editor is MP noob?:dunno:

tamiya_model said:
1.2 MP CCD,
somebody forgot the 'o' in 10.2 MP CCD, that's what I truly think.

But such a big advert, how come ppl can make such blatant error, unless editor is MP noob?:dunno:

time to go lasik

Indeed, quote from advert: "Breakthrough in technology..."

Edit, this part is not from advert:
:bsmilie: 1.2 MP can function like 10.2 :bigeyes: :thumbsup:

if it's an advertisement, the full copy is usu provided by the advertiser... if dat's the case, Sony has gotta change it's creative agency & leave ST alone :)

:sweat: ... heads are gonna roll ... phones are gonna ring ... :sweat: :bsmilie:

Pity the creative director who didn't vet through.

I dont get it... the new layout and battery placement... resulting in technological advances in power circuit board and layout... ok...

so does it give us better image quality? lower noise?

and... will the "new" layout of all the boards incur higher repair cost...

haha. well, at least Sony is sure to give those who're looking for a prosumer better much features to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.