Spot-On object..

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaoken

Deregistered
Pic6.jpg

(shot with Ilford Delta 3200 film)

1.in what area is critique to be sought?
I would like to have comments on these areas.
- Lighting
- Composition

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I want to show that the spotlight is shining on the front object is stronger than the ones at the back to show that it is my main subject.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I took this shot when I visit the National Museum, the Egypt exhibition.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I personally like this photo.
But I'm not sure whether does the lighting is strong enough to tell the viewer that the main subject is the one in front.

Definitely, the main subject is the one infront; It's sharper and larger in size.

What makes me think about it when I look at it, is: Are they all related or they are seperate pieces?

If they are unrelated then, it is best to burn away the rear objects. It will be more natural to include them if you shoot from an angle to the side or from a higher perspective to differentiate the sense of distance between the front and the rear.

For composition, I will choose either "square" or "rectangular". It is beautiful and well captured. I like the dramatic lighting which reveals the shape of the subject. :thumbsup:

woo i like this.. especially the correct shading shadows :thumbsup:

just to be perfect - i would pp the noise away.

Definitely, the main subject is the one infront; It's sharper and larger in size.

What makes me think about it when I look at it, is: Are they all related or they are seperate pieces?

If they are unrelated then, it is best to burn away the rear objects. It will be more natural to include them if you shoot from an angle to the side or from a higher perspective to differentiate the sense of distance between the front and the rear.

For composition, I will choose either "square" or "rectangular". It is beautiful and well captured. I like the dramatic lighting which reveals the shape of the subject. :thumbsup:
Thanks for your advices and comments.
I will look into it the next time round.

As for PP, I won't like to do much PP for my film-shot images.
That's why I did not burn the the rear objects.

woo i like this.. especially the correct shading shadows :thumbsup:
Thanks. :D

Wah! It will be tough to PP away the noise when I shot at 3200.
Furthermore, it's a film shot. ;)

That would actually detract from the impact of the image in this case. Also as it's shot on film it's next to impossible to remove the grain from the image without spending literally days at it taking it out one pixel at a time.

Nice bit of work Ken, good interplay between light and shadow that adds a bit of mystery to the composition.

That would actually detract from the impact of the image in this case. Also as it's shot on film it's next to impossible to remove the grain from the image without spending literally days at it taking it out one pixel at a time.

Nice bit of work Ken, good interplay between light and shadow that adds a bit of mystery to the composition.
I agree with your saying about the noise. It will take me hell lot of time to remove noise from film..
Film photography is supposed to be "as it is".

Sorry pokiemon...
But IF I want to do PP (like clone tool etc.), I think there's no point in shooting film any more. ;)

Sorry pokiemon...
But IF I want to do PP (like clone tool etc.), I think there's no point in shooting film any more. ;)

I wonder how Pokiemon would get on with a few rolls of Tri-X pushed to 1600 ISO :devil:

Last edited:
There's no critical flaw in this image......... infact it has a textured feel about it

Like the signature too

Last edited:
i like what the noise does to the image thou, gives it a filmy sorta documentary feel. was this at the museum?

anyways, great work ken :)

i like what the noise does to the image thou, gives it a filmy sorta documentary feel. was this at the museum?

anyways, great work ken :)
I have no choice but to use a fast film as I'm using a kit lens to shoot in really low-light conditions.
Ya, it's at the museum.

Thanks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.