Spot-metering.....a short writeup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Hi all...

I wanna share this link on my domain......its a write-up in response to a query by a fellow CS a couple of days back on using the spot meter....

Its not that detail to go into specific control but basically gives a general idea on how we can utilize it to take full control of our photos......

I'm still learning too so for those experts who think that what has been written is not correct..please do correct me....

Enjoy.......and here is the link

http://www.md-sulhan.com/spotmeter.html

regards,
Sulhan

Good article, I miss the capability of in camera multi spot averaging. BTW which DSLR has this functionality.

Thanks Sulhan for your effort, its a very impressive writeup, i think you should make this thread sticky for those who still don't quite understand what's spot metering. (I finally understood how to apply it :bsmilie: )

:thumbsup:

Uncle???.....wah lau eh......dun call me uncle lah......now i look at my self in the mirror and see the helicopter landing pad and really makes me feel like really one damn uncle.....

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

rgds,
Sulhan

hi sulhan, u mentioned tat "average up all these values and put it against the point at which you want 0ev" ... hmm ... does it means tat i add all value and make an avg value out of it?

e.g.
1st spot reading = 1/500
2nd spot reading = 1/50
3rd spot reading = 1/200
manual avg caluculation of 3 readings = (1/500 + 1/50 + 1/200)/3 = 1/250

so i should shoot with 1/250 ???? like tat ????????????

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.