Sports Shooter Alert: Int'l Hockey 6s@Padang 29-30 Sep

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLSK

There's a Hockey 6s Men & Women Competition and there will be teams from Spore, M'sia, Aust, Czech, Dubai, HongKong, India .....
Time: 8am onwards on Sat and Sun
Admission: Free

Time to snap those panning action shots!

interesting, never shoot hockey before, might be interested hehe
but my 80-200 push pull cant mount on tripod...argh
anybody got advice? cant seem to buy the bracket, nobody selling out there as far as i've enquired from.

if mount on camera and then on tripod with my hand partially supporting the lens, will it still spoil the camera thread?

W/o a mount, you may not last long with your 80-200, and when you are tired, rejection rate goes up. Panning gets very tricky too.

anybody got advice? cant seem to buy the bracket, nobody selling out there as far as i've enquired from.

if mount on camera and then on tripod with my hand partially supporting the lens, will it still spoil the camera thread?

Why don't you just go and try. That lens not that heavy leh. From what I have done before, especially for outdoors sports, you should be able to easily get shutter speed of 1/500s, which is the right speed for this.

I might wanna to drop by this afternoon to try shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.