Sports photography while raining. Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iqgnos

Jan 26, 2009
Hougang
Hi people,

just got a question in mind.

Im an avid sports photographer, mostly on soccer and rugby.

What do i do when its raining and i bo bian have to shoot the game?

Is there some kind of housing that i can purchase? I've checked out the underwater housing for my 400d and its dam ex...

Is there any other way? put a plastic bag over it? HAHA. jk.

NEED HELP NEED HELP!

Hi people,

NEED HELP NEED HELP!
Well, yes actually. That would work, with some effort.

Failing that, try here or here. Kata have some too but you won't find it in Singapore.

Hi people,

NEED HELP NEED HELP!

Ziploc the camera leaving a hole for the lens and use lens hood. That's what I do when I walkabout and it starts raining.

u can also get those camera raincoat, about $10 from camera shops, it looks like a big plastic bag in the shape of camera, with a small opening in front and with a cable to tie to your lens/filter ring.

350D + 70-200 f4L, gone through moderate to medium rain couple of times without protection and still going strong. just put the equipment into dry box after use.

my 1D has also gone through wet weather shooting without problems

350D + 70-200 f4L, gone through moderate to medium rain couple of times without protection and still going strong. just put the equipment into dry box after use.

my 1D has also gone through wet weather shooting without problems

Yup. Most cameras are able to withstand rain.
Has been shooting in the rain for years... never had a prob.

All you really have to do is just wipe dry and put into drybox when you are done with the shoot.

Alternatively, you can just choose not to shoot in rain.:)

Get a 1D with a weather-sealed L lens (70-200/2.8IS or 300/2.8 or 400/2.8). With that I bet you will give up long before the camera =p. More seriously just get plastic/ziplock bag with a hole cut through it for the lens. Tie the opening with rubber bands if necessary.

like the bros mentioned, camera raincoat.

Last year during NDP, it rained. I came prepared with plastic bags and the NDP raincoat. i used plastic bag to cover the body+ leave some opening for the lens and viewfinder.

use your creativity :) i'm sure you can do something hehe

All the NS guys will tell you.......garbage bag rocks ;)

Big enough for YOU......AND camera!

(yes, I have used it before - that's why I carry 2 bags)

Get the black colored bag. It's very useful if you get the 'Flyer Special' extended duration ride :D

my nikon system has gone thru more than showers without any additional protection, still strong!

wow thanks everyone =)

Status
Not open for further replies.