sports photo gathering -free

Status
Not open for further replies.

travelshooter

Apr 29, 2003
Singapore
On Saturday and Sunday November 8 & 9, the OSIM Singapore Triathlon 2003 will be held at East Coast Park. This is a great opportunity to shoot some good action pictures. Its a great event to shoot at because all the action is within walking distance.
On Sunday only (due to baby sitting duties on saturday while wife attends the Nikon Clubsnap wildlife photo shoot) John Cosgrove, the editor of PHOTOi magazine, will be in attendence offering advice on where to go to shoot the best pictures, etc etc and he will also have with him some of the latest equipment on show,
so look out for the big guy and don't be shy in saying hello and then show him your great pics which could be in the launch issue of PHOTOi in December.

Event timings
Saturday, 8 November 2003

0830 hrs: KIDS TRIATHLON (AGES 7-10) 100m swim / 4km cycle / 1km run
(1 lap swim / 1 lap cycle / 1 lap run)
0900 hrs: KIDS TRIATHLON (AGES 11-14) 200m swim / 8km cycle / 2km run
(1 lap swim / 2 laps cycle / 1 lap run)
0945 hrs: CORPORATE TRIATHLON 200m swim / 8km cycle / 2km run
1000 hrs: MINI TRIATHLON 200m swim / 8km cycle / 2km run

Sunday, 9 November 2003
0745 hrs: AGE GROUPS TRIATHLON 1500m swim / 40km cycle / 10km run
(1 lap swim / 3 laps cycle / 2 laps run)
1030 hrs: ELITE TRIATHLON 1500m swim / 40km cycle / 10km run
(1 lap swim / 6 laps cycle / 2 laps run)

for more details visit
www.singaporetriathlon.com/en/

I will be participating for the races on the 8th and 9th , so can't try out my camera on both days. :(

The OSIM Singapore Triathlon 2003 is now less than two weeks away!
This year’s big race has proven to be a huge hit with a record number of entries received from Singapore and overseas.
PUBLIC SHUTTLE BUS
For participants planning to use public transport to get to the race venue at East Coast Park, organizers have arranged a special event shuttle on the race days.
The pick-up point for the public shuttle bus service is located on Marine Parade Road at the bus stop in front of Century Roxy Park Hotel.
The shuttle buses will operate at 15 minute intervals from the following times:
Saturday, 8 November: 6.30am to 1.00pm
Sunday, 9 November: 6.00am to 2.30pm
PUBLIC PARKING
There are several car parks located at East Coast Park near the venue for the OSIM Singapore Triathlon 2003. However, please note the following car park closures on the race days.
8th November (Saturday)
Car park closed to public from 7.30am - 11.10am:
E1, E2, E3, F1 & F2
* The public may access part of car parks E1 & F2 BEFORE 7.30am BUT will not be able to leave the car park until after 11.10am.
9th November (Sunday)
Car park closed to public from 6.45am - 12.30pm:
C4, D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, E1, E2, E3, F1, F2 & G
* The public may access part of car parks D1, D3, D4, D5, E1, F2 & G BEFORE 6.45am BUT will not be able to leave the car park until after 12.30pm.

Hey there travelshooter

I visited the event today.

Took some shots - People shots while running were OK - nothing to really shout about.

I find the bicycle part of the race more exciting with a bit of a rush.

Anyway, I posted them on http://www.happysnappies.com/gallery/tri.

Please feel free to give comments.

I wont be able to respond any emails or comments as I will be travelling tonight and wont be back till 22 Nov.

Cheers
Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.