Spoonfeeding

Do you expect to be spoonfed?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleaz

Jul 11, 2008
www.flickr.com
Why do so many users here expect to be spoonfed?

I see so many repeated threads.

Too lazy to use the search function?

Last edited:
your picture? well, i found it online somewhere else.

your picture? well, i found it online somewhere else.

no.. it's the picture i like to use when i tell people to stop expecting to be spoonfed.. :bsmilie:

this one is another one..

2098172458_020b6a9ca8_o.jpg

I just seem to see that a lot of the clubsnap users expect to be spoonfed all the time. The same topics pop up once every couple of days. Just voicing out what I see, afterall, I'm not the one paying for the bandwidth.

And there's actually someone who voted yes. Is it that difficult to use the search function? If you can start a new thread, I'm sure you could use the search function.

I would really love to hear from those that expect to be spoonfed.

results from the Singapore Educational System of tooooooooooo much spoonfeeding, that people forget that they can actually use the SEARCH function of anyting.

Got question, just ask.

i only start threads when i am unable to find a specific answer that i'm looking for, else why bother when you can already find out the answer?

At the beginning of any learning phase, spoonfeeding is inevitable. I see no point in whacking him/her because he/she won't even understand what you are whacking about and how to correct the errors. The thing is to teach them the skills properly first. Those who are teachers or lecturers will know. Not every student can learn independently on their own.

if the community does not like this behaviour then it is up to the offending member to correct it
and the community to teach the offending member what is the right thing to do

Repeated threads = Spoonfeeding.

Unrepeated threads = The posters are Chopstick Masters? :)

That's an interesting term, although I didn't mean anything like that.

Start new thread ppl scold say why start new thread...
Post in old thread ppl call u thread digger....

I don't know what you experienced so far. I'm really aiming this thread at those who seemingly have no idea how to use the forum's search function or are plain lazy.

Before a user starts a thread, if he/she attempted to use the search function, he/she might find what he/she is asking for. Isn't that better than waiting for a new thread to be answered?

I will leave the discussion about "thread diggers" for another thread. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why threads are dug up.

At the beginning of any learning phase, spoonfeeding is inevitable. I see no point in whacking him/her because he/she won't even understand what you are whacking about and how to correct the errors. The thing is to teach them the skills properly first. Those who are teachers or lecturers will know. Not every student can learn independently on their own.

I'm no expert either. In fact, I just started on photography and I have benefitted from this forum. I'm not whacking anyone here. I've seen identical threads being started over and over again, some even just minutes apart.

There's a need for a FAQ in the equipment section.

Questions that keeps cropping up.

1) How to check shutter count
2) price of cleaning the sensor
3) Difference between 50mm F1.4 and F1.8

There's a need for a FAQ in the equipment section.

Questions that keeps cropping up.

1) How to check shutter count
2) price of cleaning the sensor
3) Difference between 50mm F1.4 and F1.8

even with faq or sticky

there will still be threads

i still can add:

4) winter will kill my camera or not
5) what camera to buy
6) which tripod to get
7) comparison of equivalent lenses in various focal length ranges

Status