Spooky hotels to share

sinned79

Jun 18, 2009
Singapore
www.dennislee.co
Received this mailer from Chan Brothers and thought this might be interesting to share.

----------

Hollywood Roosevelt
Hollywood, California, USA

Once listed in the 2006 Condé Nast Traveler Hot List, the Hollywood Roosevelt, named after President Teddy Roosevelt, opened in 1927. The famous resident ghost is reported to be that of Marilyn Monroe. She was a frequent guest of the hotel in suite 1200. Marilyn’s image is said to have been caught in a mirror that was formerly located in the aforementioned suite but has been relocated to an area near the elevators in the lobby…

Queen Mary
Long Beach, California, USA

Queen Mary Hotel is reputed to be one of the most haunted hotels in the world. The hotel’s swimming pool area has been identified as the most haunted place at the hotel. Over the years that the hotel was commissioned, there have been strange happenings reported by guests & staff at the hotel. Reports include disembodied voices, ghostly apparitions, strange rapping noises & moving objects. If you are brave enough, sign up for the special "Ghost Encounter" tours…

The Langham
London, UK

Over the last 170 years, at least five ghosts make regular appearances in this hotel. The most infamous room, & still available for those who do not believe in ghosts, is room 333. In this room, a BBC newscaster had woken up in the dark of night & saw a fluorescent ball which began to take a human shape before his eyes. He could see through the figure to objects on the other side of the room. And when he asked the ghost who it might be, it began to float toward him with arms outstretched. He didn't stay around to get an answer…

The Shelbourne Dublin
Dublin, Ireland

The grand Shelbourne Hotel which is located on St. Stephen’s Green in Dublin, was constructed from a row of houses in 1824 & boasts its very own ghost. Check out room 526 & you may find the ghost of Mary Masters who had lived in the row of houses which once stood where the hotel is now. She had died of cholera in 1791. This fabulous hotel has been extensively renovated & it is believed that Mary is still wandering the halls…

Hotel Scandinavia
Venice, Italy

Ghostly doings seem to be coming from the nearby Bridge of Sighs, a purportedly haunted site in Venice. This bridge by which condemned prisoners crossed from their trial at the Doges’ Palace to the prison at the other side of the canal, has enough reason to be haunted. For centuries Venetians have claimed to hear sighs, wails & groans coming from this covered stone bridge from which doomed men caught their last glimpse of Venice…

The Russell
Sydney, Australia

Formerly a sailor’s hostel, the paranormal activities in Sydney’s Russell Hotel date back to colonial days. An ancient seaman is said to head out on midnight leisurely walks. Staying at Room No. 8 may come with the opportunity to witness the ghost who restlessly stares at the guests. Hotel staff & guests have witnessed unnatural sound of floorboards creaking & other paranormal activities…

Grand Hyatt Taipei
Taipei, Taiwan

Ask any Taipei local & chances are they will be able to relay a haunted experience of some kind at the hotel, which was built on top of an old cemetery. Supposedly, this is why all rooms have two paintings, each featuring a black-white vase, to ward off evil spirits. There are also many ornaments along the corridors & lobby intended for the same effect…

Weekly Mansion Tokyo At Akasaka
Tokyo, Japan

Visitors have reported hauntings in this stately Japanese hotel, particularly from building #1. Though the source of the ghosts is unknown, anecdotal evidence includes apparitions standing at the foot of visitors' beds in the middle of the night. There have also been reports of strange white mists that rise through the air conditioning vents. One startling report even has a woman being dragged entirely from her bed & across the room by an unseen assailant…

----------

anyone stayed in the above hotels before? share your experience? ;p

OCH would make a pretty good haunting-themed hotel, the view on top of the hill is good as well... could charge a high price for the rooms too. They should do what they done for the former British officers' quarters on Sentosa as well, it's now a spanking posh hotel.

OCH would make a pretty good haunting-themed hotel, the view on top of the hill is good as well... could charge a high price for the rooms too. They should do what they done for the former British officers' quarters on Sentosa as well, it's now a spanking posh hotel.

yeah, maybe they should convert it to a hotel or resort instead of leaving it there with no purpose (waste land!).

there is a new hotel right next to singapore casket. Will that do?

i got goose bump .. reading this ..

Hotel Scandinavia
Venice, Italy

Ghostly doings seem to be coming from the nearby Bridge of Sighs, a purportedly haunted site in Venice. This bridge by which condemned prisoners crossed from their trial at the Doges’ Palace to the prison at the other side of the canal, has enough reason to be haunted. For centuries Venetians have claimed to hear sighs, wails & groans coming from this covered stone bridge from which doomed men caught their last glimpse of Venice…

was there 2 weeks ago, i sigh too..the whole place was covered with Huge advertisment panel and banners and tourists .. i nearly couldnt see any bridge!! :bsmilie:

Hotel Scandinavia
Venice, Italy

was there 2 weeks ago, i sigh too..the whole place was covered with Huge advertisment panel and banners and tourists .. i nearly couldnt see any bridge!! :bsmilie:

any spooky incident to share? :sweat:

any spooky incident to share? :sweat:

not much of spooky then.. was going round it, including walking to the dark alleys next to it..
maybe during day time, lotsa of tourists and noisy, yang more than ying, they all refused to groan? :bsmilie:

but on the other hands, the winds blowing from the sea...it's just beside the coast and the strong wind seeps into the narrow alleys and lanes and gondola boats knocking each other, it might cause the wailing, groaning and sighing sounds bah..! so far nothing spooks me yet leh..

Last edited:
maybe if they spook, me a blur fairy, i might just not notice it afterall.. :bsmilie:

but on the other hands, the winds blowing from the sea...it's just beside the coast and the strong wind seeps into the narrow alleys and lanes and gondola boats knocking each other, it might cause the wailing, groaning and sighing sounds bah..! so far nothing spooks me yet leh..

haha that probably really explains it :bsmilie:

Wait! Wait! Before we go into spooky stuff... I am wondering something for years...

Did the hotel management charge any hotel fee to those ghosts? Apparently they are staying there for free! And I wonder if they are served breakfast free too?:D

perhaps this is part of marketing to invite more guests to stay at the hotel. who knows if the ghosts are employees of the hotel itself .. :devil:

Dolphin Hotel, room 1408. more than 50 peoples died in it.

Er... I believe Dolphin Hotel, room 1408 (California) is a fictional creation by Stephen King.

Interesting..thks for sharing...got a couple of friends who been to Taipei recently, will ask them abt it. :bsmilie:

Grand Hyatt Taipei
Taipei, Taiwan

Ask any Taipei local & chances are they will be able to relay a haunted experience of some kind at the hotel, which was built on top of an old cemetery. Supposedly, this is why all rooms have two paintings, each featuring a black-white vase, to ward off evil spirits. There are also many ornaments along the corridors & lobby intended for the same effect…

you should go watch it. i still thinking alot about the plot. it's like a curse....

No thank you. I am not afraid of insects, not afraid of animals and birds... but when it come to scary movie or novels... I am pretty gutless over these things.

perhaps this is part of marketing to invite more guests to stay at the hotel. who knows if the ghosts are employees of the hotel itself .. :devil:

this one is fun... :devil: