**Spoiler Alert!** The War of the Worlds. Go for it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeWorld

Jan 18, 2002
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
Watched this last night.........
We, humans are immuned to most viruses and bacteria, but not the aliens. that kill them............. Very easy war!
I had two hours of tension thru out the whole movie....
Go for it. Superb.........

LifeWorld said:
Watched this last night.........
We, humans are immuned to most viruses and bacteria, but not the aliens. that kill them............. Very easy war!
I had two hours of tension thru out the whole movie....
Go for it. Superb.........

Please keep the story and ending to yourself. Would you like to know the world cup series score before you watch the play-off ?

lifeworld....u should say **spoiler alert** in your thread title instead of **warning**

:nono:

The acting by Dakota Fanning and Tom Cruise in this movie were first class!
First time see TC acted so well... and Dakota is a rising star. Very natural acting.....

And we see lots of Aliens. Clear and bright! Not the moving tree and dark dark scene type............'Lost' anyone?

This movie is money worth for its special effects and fine acting.......... It's nerve cracking......

Look out for the Aliens teleporting!

LifeWorld said:
The acting by Dakota Fanning and Tom Cruise in this movie were first class!
First time see TC acted so well... and Dakota is a rising star. Very natural acting.....

And we see lots of Aliens. Clear and bright! Not the moving tree and dark dark scene type............'Lost' anyone?

This movie is money worth for its special effects and fine acting.......... It's nerve cracking......

Look out for the Aliens teleporting!
more... tell me more about it... so I don't need to watch liao :bsmilie:

Cheers! :D

ST_sg said:
more... tell me more about it... so I don't need to watch liao :bsmilie:

Obvious your sarcasm was less than intelligently interpreted as enthusiam.

Well.. the movie is ruined by some inconsiderate folk as far as I'm concerned and it's no longer on my to watch list. Was actually looking foward to it. Shame.

I'm done here man. Going to watch something else today.

benny said:
Obvious your sarcasm was less than intelligently interpreted as enthusiam.

Well.. the movie is ruined by some inconsiderate folk as far as I'm concerned and it's no longer on my to watch list. Was actually looking foward to it. Shame.

I'm done here man. Going to watch something else today.
Just kidding only lah... I'm going to watch it later after work :D

This is a must watch movie as I mentioned in early thread sometime last week.

Cheers! :)

Actually I think I read the story when I was a kid... ??? Didn't know it was War of the worlds anyway. The ending was the same.. ;) Will watch on this movie soon.. ;)

tokrot said:
Actually I think I read the story when I was a kid... ??? Didn't know it was War of the worlds anyway. The ending was the same.. ;) Will watch on this movie soon.. ;)

i got the original movie, the old old one... on DVD, watched 1/2 way about 5 years ago... really a sleeper..

Haha...you can get to know the storyline from books sold at bookstores. GOt my world of the world's book few years back for $1 at a 2nd hand stall :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Effects of the movie are great, according to reviews!

Aiya, if you were awake during the 80s and 90s you would have known how the story goes already anyway. I might only watch it for the special effects ;)

Oops, sorry forget sometimes that some people wern't BORN in the 80s yet :confused: Another consequence of old age :embrass:

just came back after watching it (the last movie i watched was LOTR 3!). the climax is begins quite early in the show and last till the end of the show ... . very nice!! abit of funny conservations here and there ...

wat i did not like is the ending of the story where the aliens are killed quite easily than i've thought. Perhaps it is becoz of the length of the movie.

Guys .. just a question ... i'm still pondering after watching the premiere ...

How could Tom Cruise's son survive and be back at his parents' place earlier than him when they were separated at that huge fight on the fields? :think:

went to do some research on the TV-series... seem that the TV series is more of an extension from the story line, after the supposed ending from the 1953 movie...

damn where to find the dvd... or is there a dvd in the 1st place...

acting & filming are excellent, ending story and logic..... questionable.:confused:
Good movie to kill time, but don't think too deeply about logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.