Split Image Focusing screen for nikon entry

AkemiOgre

Oct 30, 2010
Hey is it possible to change the viewfinder of nikon entry cameras like the d3000 ? To that of a split image focusing screen.

If you are tight on budget, you can also go for a china made screen. I got one for my D40x in Orient photo. Need to wait though.

daredevil123 said:
If you are tight on budget, you can also go for a china made screen. I got one for my D40x in Orient photo. Need to wait though.

Do let me know the results , thanks :)

Why are you cross-posting into the General section? You should have just continued your thread here.

Rashkae said:
Why are you cross-posting into the General section? You should have just continued your thread here.

I'm sorry but i'm asking different questions you see. And its just nt appropriate talking abt sth else under tt different title. So although i did mention the screen , i was focusing on the af lens on the general thread .

AkemiOgre said:
Do let me know the results , thanks :)

I installed it 2 years ago. Results are not bad. But the screen is darker than the one from focusingscreen.com which I installed into my d300s. But pricing is different.

daredevil123 said:
I installed it 2 years ago. Results are not bad. But the screen is darker than the one from focusingscreen.com which I installed into my d300s. But pricing is different.

Oh i see . Its so much different !

Oh i see . Its so much different !

the screens from focusingscreen.com are cut from genuine original Nikon focusing screens meant for older film cameras.

The china made ones are just remanufactured. They work, but you get a slightly darker viewfinder.

moved to Nikon