Splash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

knoxknocks

Sep 19, 2004
lalaland
www.tinydotphotography.com
My first try at something like that...comments appreciated! :)

_X9I7513_600_2.jpg

wow... nice...
u did it at home or in a studio?
the ripples are nice...

ortega said:
well done, but the light on the shaver should be more even

thanks. I'll take note of that. I was using a flash from the side. Maybe not such a good idea after all. But I wasn't able to light from below cos the "tank" was on a table top :(

knoxknocks said:
thanks. I'll take note of that. I was using a flash from the side. Maybe not such a good idea after all. But I wasn't able to light from below cos the "tank" was on a table top :(

you can try placing the tank in between 2 tables,
so you can light from below
but I think that the light should be better from the top.
try it out.

Splutter said:
Nice! Is it a fish tank?

ha ha thanks...that was what ortega suggested i buy when i told him my idea the other day...

but in the end, bought an acryllic box instead cos thought maybe i would have more use for that in future

ortega said:
you can try placing the tank in between 2 tables,
so you can light from below
but I think that the light should be better from the top.
try it out.

ok, will setup again and retry. as you expected...timing was difficult to catch

Care to share the whole set up so that everyone can learn and experiment?
As a whole the pictures look great.

Cheers!

wah, nice nice, now you must teach me liao ... eh ... coolpix don't think fast enough hor :cry:

eikin said:
wah, nice nice, now you must teach me liao ... eh ... coolpix don't think fast enough hor :cry:

can lah. flash will freeze motion liao...hehee....one day invite me to your studio leh. then we can try this. But weekends a bit harder + now I need to spend more time with my family

knoxknocks said:
can lah. flash will freeze motion liao...hehee....one day invite me to your studio leh. then we can try this. But weekends a bit harder + now I need to spend more time with my family
Nice shots.

Mind takes a general shot of the whole set up, so is easier for others to comprehend. :)

ortega said:
well done, but the light on the shaver should be more even

but the gradient look of the background is nice. maybe if you have another flash, use it to lit the shaver from front or above so that it'll be evenly lit. at the same time, the background still has the gradient look.

hey by the way, i know a little chinese. i know "lah" but what do "liao" and "leh" mean?

TeddyLoves said:
but the gradient look of the background is nice. maybe if you have another flash, use it to lit the shaver from front or above so that it'll be evenly lit. at the same time, the background still has the gradient look.

hey by the way, i know a little chinese. i know "lah" but what do "liao" and "leh" mean?

thanks for the advice!

haha...sorry lots of singlish here. "liao" is hokkien and loosely translated means "finished". "leh" is singlish - just used to finish a sentence :bsmilie:

http://www.talkingcock.com/html/lexec.php?op=LexView&lexicon=lexicon

That's a Beckham shaver right??

Very good effort :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Can try to throw your MK II in, all the Darkside can help take the shot for you. :devil:

catchlights said:
Nice shots.

Mind takes a general shot of the whole set up, so is easier for others to comprehend. :)

thanks for the compliments from the master :)

didn't think anyone would be interested in my setup so forgot to take a shot, but this was what I did:

setup.jpg

my house ceiling very low and white, so like a reflector. For the flash, I was using Manual mode at 1/64 power IIRC. Also, I learnt that should use a light-weight razor. I was originally using my own which is quite heavy, and the splash etc doesn't look nice. The razor in the pic is my wife's :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.