Spirit fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

itchy

Aug 19, 2004
Katong
One of my pics for pre Rag Day rehearsals. What you are looking at is a composition of dancers in the bkgrd and in the foreground would be the hand of my choreographer. My intent was to create a sense of power that a choreo has over his/her dancers. In the process I felt that the picture also conveyed a certain trait of my choreographer. (Thru observation of fingers, but that's biased cause I know him for 3 years already)

spirit_fingers.jpg

the original photo is much more off balanced with the hand being at the extreme right of the picture so I had to crop till it took up the middle position. I din feel it was nice to have too much space showing on the right.

Thank you.
ivan

itchy said:
My intent was to create a sense of power that a choreo has over his/her dancers. In the process I felt that the picture also conveyed a certain trait of my choreographer. (Thru observation of fingers, but that's biased cause I know him for 3 years already)

An interesting idea. However, this picture looks more like an advertisement for a certain sports goods company to me. The focus is not on the hand/fingers, but the wriststrap with the prominent logo.

Maybe I can sell to that particular brand... hahahaha

umm... if this were a conductor's wand & orchestra pic, the contorted fingers would work. The 'just do it' wristband would add some humor.

But this isnt a orchestra, the dancers in the background are all doing something clearly out of sync. So the meaning of the pic is lost to me...

Certainly creative angle. It was clear to me, that the hand belongs to an instructor, with the eyes of the people facing the front. Nicely blurred out background. The logo is too commercial to make it a Nike ad, but standard gym gear so that's fine. However, the hand is not having a meaningful gesture, rather awkward position, unless it is a hand-sign I'm not familiar. :D ;)

there is no connect between the hand and the rest of the blurred people in the bkgd - these people could just be any crowd, totally unrelated to the owner of the hand. so if u had wanted to show the 'power' the 'hand' had over the 'dancers' (and i wouldnt know they are dancers) the connection failed. also the hand not very powerful leh ... the impression from the pic is that the people/crowd are looking at the hand in curiosity rather than fear ... but i dont know what the crowd looking at as they are blurr ...

Status
Not open for further replies.