Spiderweb

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyepower

Mar 10, 2007
Yishun
hi all,

wanted to find out from you guys how do i take a picture of spiderweb as no matter how i focus i cannot see it on my cam...

thanks!

have u observed the lens minimum focusing distance from the focal plane of the cam to the web?

sure its either u are beyond the lens minimum focusing distance and your camera coudl not AF the distance of the web because it is too thin, not much contrast to the background. so use manual within the focusing range.

try setting the focus to minimum, then move the camera slowly backwards and forwards until you see a sharp image on your viewfinder...

hi please enlighten me...until now i am still not understand bout focal length....like if i have a kit len 18mm-55mm...f3.5-f5.6,

so in order to achieve the min. focus length....like at 18mm i will set o f3.5 then from there i will use manual focus to achieve sharpness??

please advise

On your lens, there should be a series of number. For example, look at your kit lens.

On the kit lens, the 18mm-55mm refers to the focal length of your lens. That means how much you can see in your picture. At 18mm, you can see a wide angled view, while at 55mm, you find that the view is narrowed to a smaller field. This is the zoom in your lens.

F3.5 - f5.6 refers to the minimum aperture of the lens. For example, when using the Av mode, when you adjust the dial to change the aperture, the smallest aperture number that you can get is f3.5 when your focal length is at 18mm. When you zoom in the 55mm, you find that the smallest aperture that you can use becomes 5.6.

If you look at the lens, towards the right, you see a small symbol that looks like a flower, followed by the number 0.28m/0.9ft. That is the minimum focusing distance. That means, if the object that you are trying to take is nearer than 0.28m, you cannot focus on the object.

would you consider getting a 105VR macro lens?

thanks all i took the pic of the spider already ty :)

Status
Not open for further replies.