spider

chinghang

Dec 12, 2009
sengkang
DSC_0601.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, Colour. Basically everything.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Capturing the spider working.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Taken at a hike. Saw the spider and decided to wait for it to capture insects. Instead, caught it weaving web

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
It's slightly out of focus due to shallow DOP. Doesn't feel like it captures the mood.

I find the picture slightly overexpose. I am trying to figure out what is the object next to the spider? :think:
The large bright circle on the left is distracting. Perhaps you want to consider cropping off this and focus more on the spider. Also if this picture shows the front of the spider will be better, however I guess it is beyond you ;)

Last edited:
i have a picture that shows the back of the spider.

DSC_0562-copy.jpg

The "object" next to the spider i believe you are talking about the shell.:think:

thanks for critics and comments. :)

Is it ok if i post pictures up like this??

i have a picture that shows the back of the spider.

DSC_0562-copy.jpg

The "object" next to the spider i believe you are talking about the shell.:think:

thanks for critics and comments. :)

Is it ok if i post pictures up like this??

The spider seems to merge into the background, for me. I guess in that sense the spider didnt really stood out as it perhaps should.

sorry people.....please CnC on the first pic....ignore the second picture please....second picture is there just to show the full spider in case anyone is wondering how does the spider looks like