Spider Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

KokMun

Oct 2, 2006
Woodland
Hi guys,am a newbie from malaysia.Working in singapore.
I am trying on macro.Please give me your c&c of this pic.Really wish to learn from
you guys out there.

Hi guys,am a newbie from malaysia.Working in singapore.
I am trying on macro.Please give me your c&c of this pic.Really wish to learn from
you guys out there.

too shallow... then u lost 1 of the feet.

try not to use f2.8 (or watever widest on your lens). Use about f8-f16, depending on subject, and use flash if possible.

ah, found the exif...

u using 100mm, f5.0, iso 400.

try to shoot at f8, think should be your max with S9500, i dunno that model, but i think most prosumer max at f8.

You mean i should use f8 instead?

smallest aperture from s9500 is F11
i feel, would going closer, or a tighter crop, give more impact?
currently, the head of the spider is too small for my liking...

smallest aperture from s9500 is F11
i feel, would going closer, or a tighter crop, give more impact?
currently, the head of the spider is too small for my liking...

actually for this, i felt he could step back, and with f11, it can take a lot more details, then crop it.

DOF with pns is actually much deeper than dslr, so if he did take a step back, the background might be more focused, might prove distracting?

or maybe if take a step back as what DCA has said, and include some webs? i feel the pic might be nicer with a bit of spider webs

think he can try any of the method. then feel the difference and then see which style suits him and his purpose. and remember to post here...

DOF with pns is actually much deeper than dslr, so if he did take a step back, the background might be more focused, might prove distracting?

or maybe if take a step back as what DCA has said, and include some webs? i feel the pic might be nicer with a bit of spider webs

Have this issue as well. Using f8 onwards, I tend to get the background in focus.... very distracting :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.