sphere panaroma

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuggen

Apr 5, 2006
Bukit Panjang
anyone here has experience with sphere panaroma?

Is there any required tripod head, lens and software to stich a 360 degree photo?

if you are into spherical pano, you can get a spherical pano head...a cheap but good one is the nodalninja...or see if anyone on the forum has something similar to loan to try...mine's out on loan to someone so you can't borrow mine;p...

lens wise, I prefer something with minimal distortion...I don't like those distorted panos using wide angle lenses...I'ld rather shoot more shots to cover a wide angle with less distortion than using wider but less shots...of course, sometimes, like when subject is time sensitive than no choice...

as for stitching program, look in the link Megaweb quoted...me I do it by hand...

haha thanks for the indepth details.

Where did you purchase your nodalninja? It looks quite promising since it can take 360 degree view. very tempting. U using NN3?

if you are into spherical pano, you can get a spherical pano head...a cheap but good one is the nodalninja...or see if anyone on the forum has something similar to loan to try...mine's out on loan to someone so you can't borrow mine;p...

lens wise, I prefer something with minimal distortion...I don't like those distorted panos using wide angle lenses...I'ld rather shoot more shots to cover a wide angle with less distortion than using wider but less shots...of course, sometimes, like when subject is time sensitive than no choice...

as for stitching program, look in the link Megaweb quoted...me I do it by hand...

Just a question on this subject. What is the best angle for pano shot? at 35mm? Thanks

sometimes back, this idea also came up to me..

the more i thought about it, the more shiok i was, and my mind was full of all the nice panoramic view i could capture....

So, spend$$$ - bought the RRS omni system + acc. - costing me about USD1K

then .it came - shoot,- computer --- tired!!!..... Unless you have that special interest/requirement for these - the fad dies off very fast. - it was not as 'shiok" - the output vs the overall process - as i imagined.

Right now, only do single row (or 360 single row) mainly and intermittently. Multi-row and spherical - "will do it next time" (i always tell myself this)

So do you really want this?

BTW - I tend to prefer the 50mm lens follow by the 30 mm for pano. If too wide - it defeat one of the main prupose of doing pano (not enough resolution/detail).

Just a question on this subject. What is the best angle for pano shot? at 35mm? Thanks
My recommendation is to use 8mm fisheye as 8 shots (6 shots + 2 shots up and down) to achieve full 360 degree. If you have full frame DSLR + 8mm, you can achieve it by 2 to 3 shots.

My current setup:
20D + 17-40mm or A95
Tripod + nodal ninja

mega, where do you get your nodal ninja? It seems the cheapest setup i've seen.

I thought making planet panaromics adds fun into photography instead of the traditionals. I'm not sure if the flame might die out, but if its not too ex.(definitely not forking out USD1k la~), might be worthy to try ba.

I'm using a 10.5mm dx fisheye and 50mm 1.8 and 18-200mm vr on a 1.5x crop nikon dSLR(D50).

Status
Not open for further replies.