SPH sues Yahoo for copyright infringement

I will update you all after I ask the MP.

I wonder why the law is written in favor of a single company?
it is not written in favour of only SPH, nor does it specifically mention any organisation in particular... it applies to all organisations reporting news (including, one would think, Yahoo)... and this particular article is shared to a large extent by most if not all "common law" countries, including the US and UK (who we based our system on)... so no need to go to the trouble of asking your MP ;)

Last edited:
it is not written in favour of only SPH, nor does it specifically mention any organisation in particular... it applies to all organisations reporting news (including, one would think, Yahoo)... and this particular article is shared to a large extent by most if not all "common law" countries, including the US and UK (who we based our system on)... so no need to go to the trouble of asking your MP ;)

I just asked MP. He said, today Friday, come back on the 1st Tuesday and 3rd Tuesday of the month.

I said; ok, you wait.

He said; ok, see you.

I said; Bye.

Thanx theRBK, you saved me another trip.

sjackal said:
I just asked MP. He said, today Friday, come back on the 1st Tuesday and 3rd Tuesday of the month.

I said; ok, you wait.

He said; ok, see you.

I said; Bye.

Thanx theRBK, you saved me another trip.

Send your query on your mp facebook...

After 3 weeks, this has an interesting twist. Yahoo filed its defense and counterclaim against SPH:
1. Yahoo claims that," copyright law does not protect facts and information and that the public has the right to be informed of news and current events in Singapore"
2. Yahoo filed a counterclaim alleges that "SPH had itself substantially reproduced Yahoo! content on its citizen-journalism site STOMP"

(Source: Yahoo! News)

Whatever the result of this suit might be, the final outcome after all trials and appeals, will set a precedent that will clarify many copyright issues that has bugged both newbie and (some) oldbie photographers..:think:

Last edited:
yay. mud sling fest. i like (y)

In the end, the real winners are the lawyers...