SPH Ink Awards - no credit for photographers

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
i noticed it in today's st that under the Best Photography category, the name of the photographer/s or the photography house is not credited. however, under Best Typography and Best Copywriting, credits were given to the creative dir, designer and copywriters respectively. i do not understand why? outsourced talent does not deserve recognition?

I declare that i am not in this industry as photographers.

Not sure about now, but in the past...without getting into the luan-ness of it all, everything, including criteria, rules and regulations etc are drawn-up by the respective advertising body/ies (sometimes with close links to powerful media bodies - all depends on what they want to achieve politically, and business-wise). Since they govern themselves, they decide the rules. Usually, outside suppliers are not included else it can end up including best photographer, best typesetter, best colour seperator, best printer, best sound tech, best director, best composer, best despatch rider, best tea lady ... you get the idea.

However, if there is a 'Best Photography' catagory, it would seem odd that the studio's/photographer's name is not included. Who were they really acknowledging?

However, if there is a 'Best Photography' catagory, it would seem odd that the studio's/photographer's name is not included. Who were they really acknowledging?

Best Photography normally you can see it from Archive but not in advert competition.
The competition aims to promote advertising...and not photography.

I think even there is...should be under Best Art Direction.

;):cool:;)

Anyway SPH Ink Awards nothing to cheer about.

If your artwork is featured in Cannes, Lions, One Show, AdFest, D&AD... at least better than ink awards.

Even CCA is better than ink awards.

:embrass:;p:embrass:

come to think of it, sph is media owner. self-promotion, creating publicity for itself?

Anyway SPH Ink Awards nothing to cheer about.

If your artwork is featured in Cannes, Lions, One Show, AdFest, D&AD... at least better than ink awards.

Even CCA is better than ink awards.

:embrass:;p:embrass:

come to think of it, sph is media owner. self-promotion, creating publicity for itself?

That's one part - the other is to continually garner and foster industry ties in the (ever increasingly) competitive media arena.

Neber see their own people win their own held competition?
Kelong!

:p :bsmilie: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.