spend $371 on sec 1 textbooks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
wah.. what if the student came from a poor / low income family ? what will happen to him or her ? :confused:

They have used books but sadly, the rich also desperate for it ..... Remember what happened when they offered free school text books sometimes ago?

Remember what happened when they offered free school text books sometimes ago?

yeah, the middle-income group went to coped it.:thumbsd:

can get 2nd hand Textbooks from seniors?
I used to do that when I was in Sec school, as long as the school is still using the same edition. Best is get from those seniors who take notes then can get 'tips' and take afford to copy less notes in class. ;)
Then after that pass on to the juniors after that. It was pretty common practice in my school at that time. Promotes "sisterly-bond" too! (i graduated from a girl school.)

hmmm ... no wonder I always sleep during classes in my sec school days :think: ... coz don't need to take notes myself!!! :sweatsm:

can get 2nd hand Textbooks from seniors?
I used to do that when I was in Sec school, as long as the school is still using the same edition. Best is get from those seniors who take notes then can get 'tips' and take afford to copy less notes in class. ;)
Then after that pass on to the juniors after that. It was pretty common practice in my school at that time. Promotes "sisterly-bond" too! (i graduated from a girl school.)

hmmm ... no wonder I always sleep during classes in my sec school days :think: ... coz don't need to take notes myself!!! :sweatsm:

sigh....blame moe for that. the textbooks keep changing.:( my sister cant use my secondary texkbooks, and she is just 3 year younger than me.

you can't blame the middle/middle-low income group. they are probably the most squeezed group in our society.

yeah. i take back my statement.

now that you said it, i do find it unfair when the news protray the middle-income group as "stingy" when they went to cope the free books. they need it too.

Y so expensive? I think max should be like $200... For me,not necessary to get all the exercise books etc... get them when teacher needs them.During sec 1,I bought 10 exercise books,teacher never used even one.

makes me wonder if American,British or Japanese kids need to spend 400 on textbooks or not... if yes, then its a norm for 1st world country, and wellcummed to Singapore...

Y so expensive? I think max should be like $200... For me,not necessary to get all the exercise books etc... get them when teacher needs them.During sec 1,I bought 10 exercise books,teacher never used even one.

i totally agree with that. i still got sooooo.............................many excersice books. most not used, some worse, only use a few pages.:what: lucky JC dun have book list. secondarary school book lists huh,............tsk,...........

for world class education, you need world class text books to bring out the best in the world class teachers so that your child gets world class knowledge mah... :think:

for world class education, you need world class text books to bring out the best in the world class teachers so that your child gets world class knowledge mah... :think:

yah!! must teach less and learn more! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My school books last yr (I study in ACS(Indep) ) costed me close to 200... no where near than 371 bucks. Answering the ques on what happens... you have to get a loan from one of the fianance companies. I am the 'pioneering' batch who is using the Tablet PC... Going sec 2 next yr.... one of the worst batches in the school!

So you get a world class certificate..........ended up ............ NO JOB :bsmilie:

there was a art item among the purchase.... why art things so expensive ? it is just sec 1.. anyway art is not that important. :confused:

My school books last yr (I study in ACS(Indep) ) costed me close to 200... no where near than 371 bucks. Answering the ques on what happens... you have to get a loan from one of the fianance companies. I am the 'pioneering' batch who is using the Tablet PC... Going sec 2 next yr.... one of the worst batches in the school!

hey!!! harlo!!! me from acsi too(used to)..:) what cca you in? you going desaru nxt year right? hee hee, have fun.

whoops. OTed.:p

ask u an honest question , do u think u really need that tablet PC to study and pass exams ? it cost 2k ! i mean it is not 200 ! and will u utilize it fully until your O levels are over ?

why loan ? didn't our education system should be teaching us to be financially wise ?

ask u an honest question , do u think u really need that tablet PC to study and pass exams ? it cost 2k ! i mean it is not 200 ! and will u utilize it fully until your O levels are over ?

why loan ? didn't our education system should be teaching us to be financially wise ?

actually, he is not a good person to ask. best is to ask those at cresent's, cos some of them have been using it for around 2 years. so they are the best to question about the usefulness of the tablet PC.

This is serious crap..
During my time spend $8 buy a ten year series
Do some of the typical qns inside confirm your A1 for that subject..
Extra stuff like thumb drives, tablet PC etc doesnt make sense :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.