spend $371 on sec 1 textbooks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

raincool2005

Sep 10, 2005
Raffles Place
hi, do u all feel $371 on one full set of secondary 1 textbook is expensive ? :confused:

in 1980's, it was only around $110. :sweat:

What school is that for, or are all sec schools using the same textbooks (sorry, long time since sec school days) ?

hi, do u all feel $371 on one full set of secondary 1 textbook is expensive ? :confused:

in 1980's, it was only around $110. :sweat:

normal. cos in sec1 and sec2, every single subject is studied. no forgetting the scientific calculater. but $371 is indeed abit on the slightly high side.

normal. cos in sec1 and sec2, every single subject is studied. no forgetting the scientific calculater. but $371 is indeed abit on the slightly high side.

Imagine that! :what:

I have 3 kids some more! And the govt keep wondering why people don't want kids.... :cry:

I have 3 kids some more! And the govt keep wondering why people don't want kids.... :cry:

buy 1 set, the rest photocopy ... or best photocopy from friend/relatives. should be able to save 50% or more :thumbsup:

$371 ? Are todays textbooks in hardcover version ah ? :bsmilie:

buy 1 set, the rest photocopy ... or best photocopy from friend/relatives. should be able to save 50% or more :thumbsup:

Like dat ah, I think it won't be long before pasar malam can buy pirated textbooks, haha.

how about the computers they need ? do all your 3 kids has laptops ? all need to use internet ? do they use handphones ? :confused:

sian ... can they all go back to mummy's stomach ? sorry.. it was a wrong decision. :bsmilie:

how about the computers they need ? do all your 3 kids has laptops ? all need to use internet ? do they use handphones ?

sian ... can they all go back to mummy's stomach ? sorry.. it was a wrong decision. :bsmilie:

:nono: :bsmilie:

secondary 1 use laptop and handphone for what? :confused: waste money only, my aunt bought my sec 1 cousin a handphone, in one month my cousin chalked up a few hundred dollars worth of phone bill ... of course the line was cut after that :bsmilie:

Textbooks are just the begining.......assessment books hmmmm will double that.

how about the upcoming tution fees ? :confused:

and if their school is far far away.. need to pay for their transport also. :dunno:

how about the computers they need ? do all your 3 kids has laptops ? all need to use internet ? do they use handphones ? :confused:

hi. can tell me which sch? i am searching the net and the highest i found was less than $200 without calculator and writing materials(jotter books, lined books, foolscap, etc).

how much is the scientific calculator ? i remember my time i used one cost $28, casio model fx380 something..

how much is the scientific calculator ? i remember my time i used one cost $28, casio model fx380 something..

not sure. i comparing different sec schools booklist now, so it doesn't have those non-standardized things. another thing that adds quite heftily into the bill is the electronic chinese dictionary. does the 371 includes that? 371 really quite high. possible if you show us the booklist? thanks!

and get sued for copyright infringement....

ACS(I) and Cresent use Tablet PC.....cost over 2K each....compulsory....

and get sued for copyright infringement....

ACS(I) and Cresent use Tablet PC.....cost over 2K each....compulsory....

wah.. what if the student came from a poor / low income family ? what will happen to him or her ? :confused:

wah.. what if the student came from a poor / low income family ? what will happen to him or her ? :confused:

quite unlikely for the first school.:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.