Speedlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnutbutterwulf

Jul 7, 2005
Woodlands,Singapore
Hi all!
I'm a newbie with photography and i'm thinking of buying a speedlight.I'm currently
using a Nikon F80,and was wondering if the SB-600 or SB-800 be compatible with my
camera?Hope anyone out there can help me out?

p.s. or is there any speedlights that is good/compatible with the F80?

One of the strong draw to Nikon is its accuracy of its flash system. Both Speedlights you mentioned are compatible. If SB28 works on your cam with all the TTL modes, there are cheap used ones around to save you some money.

pnutbutterwulf said:
Hi all!
I'm a newbie with photography and i'm thinking of buying a speedlight.I'm currently
using a Nikon F80,and was wondering if the SB-600 or SB-800 be compatible with my
camera?Hope anyone out there can help me out?

p.s. or is there any speedlights that is good/compatible with the F80?

Is speedlight same as so called flash?

Canew said:
SPEEDLIGHT is the flash unit name for NIKON.

SPEELITE is the flash unit name for CANON.

oic, i always wonder why the speedlight is so expensive, and what is that? so it is just a flash. Thank you for your explanation.

LENS said:
oic, i always wonder why the speedlight is so expensive, and what is that? so it is just a flash. Thank you for your explanation.

i also dunno y it can cost so much, but i kno it can make or break ur pic.:eek:

FYI, i am using a Sunblitz (equalz no brand) external flash on my film SLR...:think:

before i got the SB600, i was always pretty happy with my shots....
but inside me, something was telling me that something is amiss.... that there is this someting lacking in the pic....

after i got the SB600, wow !!!!
what a difference it made to my pics....
never had problem shooting indoors again....
with the SB600 (or the SB800 or whatwever external flash that is compatible), i found that the problem of getting too harsh a flash is somewhat reduced... compared to the opp up flash...

for one, you can add the omnibounce.... or you can work with bouncing, either with ceiling or the bounce cards....
also can try nikon's creative lighting system, using a number of flashes...
but me never tried so many flashes before... cause right now, not using such complicated setups...

LENS said:
i always wonder why the speedlight is so expensive, and what is that? so it is just a flash.

It is not just a light source. The electronics inside it is the expensive portion of the flash, not to mention the bulb. If you think about it, the Speedlites/Speedlights are pretty smart. They zoom according to your lens (hence the angle of view), it can do multi-strobes, it helps your camera to focus in the dark, etc. :thumbsup:

You got "CONTROL". Try with just a torchlight and you'll understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.