Spectacles

Who wear spectacles?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
take without spec difficult sia

I hate it. Always make my glasses blur. But no choice, without glasses cannot see... haiz. :(

Originally posted by ziploc
I hate it. Always make my glasses blur. But no choice, without glasses cannot see... haiz. :(

The dipole also like no use leh...

Looks like most pple wear spec....

who dun wear spec here??? if i am not wrong, willy, simon & docile dun wear spec?

Originally posted by kamwai
Looks like most pple wear spec....

who dun wear spec here??? if i am not wrong, willy, simon & docile dun wear spec?
simon is wearing spec.

wearing spec vs not wearing spec

27-5

No wonder more and more spectacle shops nowaday.
:D

any comment on the laser treatment to correct eye sight? I have been thinking of this lately, but not sure if it is safe. Any limitation?

im a contact lens user... my specs are magnifying glasses! im far-sighted... I LOOK AAWFUL!... :cry:

Originally posted by masada
im a contact lens user... my specs are magnifying glasses! im far-sighted... I LOOK AAWFUL!... :cry:

Aren't u a wee bit too young to be far-sighted??? :confused:

Originally posted by Jayan

Aren't u a wee bit too young to be far-sighted??? :confused:

unfortunately not. i dun have "lau hwa yen". most ppl are myopic. i am hyperopic.

Originally posted by Paladin

The dipole also like no use leh...

The dipole I'm using is very useful. Can see image clearly in the viewfinder with specs. :D

Originally posted by masada

unfortunately not. i dun have "lau hwa yen". most ppl are myopic. i am hyperopic.

Yah... Hyperopia is not the same as "lau hwa yan" which is presbyopia. Their defects are pretty similar, except that in hyperopia, it is due to short eyeball or cornea being thinner than normal. For older people, it is the lens that becomes hardened or inflexible.

For those pple who hyperopia or myopia, maybe it's time to consider laser surgery? Personally, I can tell you it's worth far more than what your ED/L lenses, D1x, 1D, or whatever can offer! It's definitely worth saving up over buying a $4000 or $8000 DSLR body with expensive lenses. Well, of cos, it's not fair to say one should sell away all the lenses to go for the surgery. But given a choice, I'd delay buying the 300 f/2.8 or D60 and seriously consider the surgery.

For those whose refractive powers are not too high, laser surgery gives good to excellent correction. It sounds scary at first and you'll hear a lot of old wives' tales of the dangers and some untrue rumors. But it's often safer than what you think. But as in all surgeries, there could be side effects but not sight-threatening.

Once you rid of the glasses, it feels being "new". Photography is so much "easier" and fun... no extra glass betn your eye and the viewfinder, no fogging, no dry eyes from contacts and you can do lots of stuffs before being impeded by glasses. You will prob look better too --handsome/pretty?? :)

...Wow. Only on the Internet can a conversation start up again after lying dormant for almost half a year. :eek:

me only about 100 degrees 'che ma' will use eyes to see digicam and glasses to see viewfinder for film cameras.

I feel tempted to go for laser treatment too.......... can't stand spectacles anymore. ;-)

The best lenses I have ever bought are my Lasik eyes. Beats any ED or L glass I've ever used.

Originally posted by long
The best lenses I have ever bought are my Lasik eyes. Beats any ED or L glass I've ever used.

what was ur degrees ... mypia/astig before your operation??
i also tempted to go leh...

Originally posted by long
Sounds familiar!!! Just what I would have said! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.