Spectacles lens coating

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallaperture

Jan 5, 2004
Catchment Area
I am sure many of us are wearing glasses, maybe less so with surgery.

I am using progressive lens, Hoya with coating. But the coating is beginning to wear off.

I know that there are Pentax, Nikon, Hoya and a few other brands. I heard that there is even a Carl Zeiss lens that cost :sweat:

Please share your experience with these lenses, especially, the durability of the coating.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
I have been using Essilor lenses for my past 2 spectacles. Coating has never rubbed off. But I think that how the user wipe the lenses also play a part in coating maintenance.

Jun 12, 2008
Jalan Poonpipi
I use Hoya too. The problem is due to my eyebrows - they are like some abrasive brush.:bsmilie: The coating get rubbed off there. No affecting my vision - only a matter of aesthetics.

Mar 13, 2007
Atlanta, GA
i lost my pair of nikons before this.. durable coating and good refractive index

my current pair of specs has 3m scotch something treatment and its good too

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
i do not know what coating my glasses has. unfortunately, in the past, i did use my cam without the rubber ring on the viewfinder, so, it has caused multiple scratches on the coating of a lens. nothing to do with the coating. just my carelessness. i just have to live with it until my next pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom