Spectacles lens coating

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallaperture

Jan 5, 2004
Catchment Area
I am sure many of us are wearing glasses, maybe less so with surgery.

I am using progressive lens, Hoya with coating. But the coating is beginning to wear off.

I know that there are Pentax, Nikon, Hoya and a few other brands. I heard that there is even a Carl Zeiss lens that cost :sweat:

Please share your experience with these lenses, especially, the durability of the coating.

I have been using Essilor lenses for my past 2 spectacles. Coating has never rubbed off. But I think that how the user wipe the lenses also play a part in coating maintenance.

I use Hoya too. The problem is due to my eyebrows - they are like some abrasive brush.:bsmilie: The coating get rubbed off there. No affecting my vision - only a matter of aesthetics.

i lost my pair of nikons before this.. durable coating and good refractive index

my current pair of specs has 3m scotch something treatment and its good too

i do not know what coating my glasses has. unfortunately, in the past, i did use my cam without the rubber ring on the viewfinder, so, it has caused multiple scratches on the coating of a lens. nothing to do with the coating. just my carelessness. i just have to live with it until my next pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.