Specks of dust thru viewfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlequin

Mar 6, 2003
East of Singapore
www.gorgeousfeathers.com
Found couple of dust specks when looking thru the viewfinder. Seems to be stucked on the 10D focusing screen.

Found the dust also appeared in my shots today.

Tried to use hand blower but no avail.

Should i send it to Canon for cleaning or is there an alternative solution ?

Thanks.

If the dust is in your viewfinder only, it shouldn't affect your pictures unless the dust is on your lens or CMOS. Dust in your viewfinder can actually be dust on the mirror also. Check your lens and CMOS.

Newman said:
If the dust is in your viewfinder only, it shouldn't affect your pictures unless the dust is on your lens or CMOS. Dust in your viewfinder can actually be dust on the mirror also. Check your lens and CMOS.

Lens and sensor confirmed clean leh.

Blowed the sensor under i cannot blow anymore.

From the pictures, seems to be one the same area as what I can see on the focusing screen thru the viewfinder.

Harlequin said:
Lens and sensor confirmed clean leh.

Blowed the sensor under i cannot blow anymore.

From the pictures, seems to be one the same area as what I can see on the focusing screen thru the viewfinder.

If always on the same spot, should be dust on the sensor

My advice is if the dust is not seriously irritating u, dun send to canon for cleaning. They might misalign the viewfinder and in future what u see as sharp will be OOF and vice versa. I encountered this prob before and I am not alone.

Dust on the sensor should not be seen in the viewfinder.
Dust on the viewfinder/mirror should not appear in your pictures.

Most prob it's on your lens.

darkness said:
Dust on the sensor should not be seen in the viewfinder.
Dust on the viewfinder/mirror should not appear in your pictures.

Most prob it's on your lens.

Interesting point there.

Guess I'll leave those dust specks as they are now.

Did u use your eyes only to check the sensor? Sometimes it's not visible to the naked eye. Try changing lens also.

Newman said:
Did u use your eyes only to check the sensor? Sometimes it's not visible to the naked eye. Try changing lens also.

Have drop the camera at Canon this morning for cleaning session.

Saw another guy sending a 1Ds for cleaning too.

Status
Not open for further replies.