speck of dust on lcd

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i playback my pictures; there is a big speck of dust in the lcd plqyback. i have checked my lenses and there doesnt seem to be any big spect of dust on them. could it be i have a dirty camera??? how do i clean it? i can't download my pictures to the computer as they are in NEF format. i am currently travelling, and any help will be greatly appreciated, as i want to save at least some shots to be blemish-free!

TIA.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
kristlbel said:
when i playback my pictures; there is a big speck of dust in the lcd plqyback. i have checked my lenses and there doesnt seem to be any big spect of dust on them. could it be i have a dirty camera??? how do i clean it? i can't download my pictures to the computer as they are in NEF format. i am currently travelling, and any help will be greatly appreciated, as i want to save at least some shots to be blemish-free!

TIA.
yep. dirty CCD. try using a blower to blow off the dust? if not possible... then u might have to spend a bit of time PS-ing the blemishes when u're back hom... :(

besh

May 8, 2005
darn. i blow n blow also no use :(

dust on ccd or lcd, not sure. i think its ccd
then you gotta clean the ccd :)

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
kristlbel said:
darn. i blow n blow also no use :(

dust on ccd or lcd, not sure. i think its ccd
you zoom into the pic (if you have this function) den move the cursor around, if the 'dirt' remains there, then its LCD dirty.

if you zoom into the pic, the 'dirt' become bigger, den its CCD dirty...

anyway, sometimes new dirt easy to remove, some dirt hard to remove... u blow & blow until the house came down, also no use 1... send it in for checkup or buy a dust removal kit, use at own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom