Special offer with K3 purchase ?

HYPY13

May 28, 2009
Geographical centre of S'pore
Ricoh Imaging USA had a special offer for K3 buyers-a free BG5
Ricoh Imaging UK's offering 85 pound sterling trade-in w/any camera for a K3 purchase till 31st Dec
How about Ricoh Imaging SG?:dunno:

Local shop price is already pretty low compared with the price in the US, not to say UK :)

Ricoh Imaging UK's offering 85 pound sterling trade-in w/any camera for a K3 purchase till 31st Dec

Bro, SG price is actually affordable, even more so if you compare with euro currency.. :D

On a lighter note, SG cannot give such offer la... I'll bring my $2 toy camera for the trade-in sia (kiasu-ism).. ;P
APD sure shut down.. LoL!

If you selectively look at all the good things that other people are giving but not the true story... Then you aren't exactly being fair to Ricoh SG.. :)

I actually don't need a free battery grip.. Rather have the price lower. I do feel that any freebies given by any company, be it Pentax, Ricoh, Harvey Norman, TK Foto, etc, all will be priced in.. :dunno:

As for the UK, have you actually checked the price there? :bigeyes:

1075 pounds, even if you get 170 pound trade-in value (double what they are currently offering) for your camera it is still much higher than SG: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pentax-DSLR...UTF8&qid=1387177756&sr=8-1&keywords=pentax+k3

Nevertheless, hope APD hear you and keep up the good work if so.

Cheer! for my 100 posts since April2010.

Last edited:
Someone msg me the current local shop price for the K-3? Recommend a place to buy from too? I'm considering buying either this or an A7/R for an upcoming trip.

Someone msg me the current local shop price for the K-3? Recommend a place to buy from too? I'm considering buying either this or an A7/R for an upcoming trip.

Thought you'd changed system ;).

Try our usual shops like OP or SLRR, their prices should be pretty much similar.

For travel the sony isn't ideal IMO since there is only one native lens - 35mm/2.8 - available for now. You might need a bit more than that. A7r plus the lens can easily get you two K3 w quite some left over.

Hehe... Actually I just haven't really been shooting. Last thing I really did was in Oct, and I think I'm noticeably out of practice:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41054275@N07/

Going on a trip in Jan, and because my K-5 has a broken lens change button (!) and it's, well, a K-5... I was considering something new.

Edit: Oh wait, yeah, I was shooting an X100 (too) for awhile, but sold that off because I was using it pretty rarely anyhow. Lousy macro compared to K-5/35 macro.

Last edited: