speaking of computer times......

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
the review of DSLRs was :bsmilie:

first she says that nikon D70 is her choice of DSLR.

then she says she doesnt mind paying a little more for the canon 300D over the nikon D70 for MORE manual control.

next, she finds the 300D a tad frustrating if she wants MAXIMUM manual control.

finally, she remarks that the D70 is highly desirable for those who want FULL manual control.

can we have more intelligent reviews in computer times in future, pretty please?

zaren said:

then she says she doesnt mind paying a little more for the canon 300D over the nikon D70 for MORE manual control.

finally, she remarks that the D70 is highly desirable for those who want FULL manual control.

can we have more intelligent reviews in computer times in future, pretty please?

muaaaahhhhaaaa.... zaren, computer times, IMO, is sometimes nothing more than an extended advertisment section. dun say cams, the games and hardware they claimed to be excellent are sometimes rated so badly in places like gamespot.com, the products dun even deserve a mention. :bsmilie:

take their recommendations by their reporters with a bag of salt sometimes. ;)

zaren said:

I guess she's the one who doesn't have full manual control of her brain.

don't blame the writter, it is the editor's fault to let the article sees the light!

nightwolf75 said:
muaaaahhhhaaaa.... zaren, computer times, IMO, is sometimes nothing more than an extended advertisment section. dun say cams, the games and hardware they claimed to be excellent are sometimes rated so badly in places like gamespot.com, the products dun even deserve a mention. :bsmilie:

take their recommendations by their reporters with a bag of salt sometimes. ;)

Ditto nightwolf. Couldn't agree more.

.. now we have an excellent 'textbook' case study of an 'excellent camera review' article.

I guess she's the one who doesn't have full manual control of her brain.

Gentlemen;

as much as i believe in free speech and of course, everybody's right to air their comments here, may i suggest that remarks that are personal in nature are kept to one self?

We are all adults here and i am sure all of you understand where to draw the line.

Thank you.

*espn draws a line across wolfgang

Ooops. :blah:

IMHO, CT is nothing but crap, their reviews are like 100-200 days late from the launch of any game/hardware/camera. Not to mention, which brand of camera advertises the most in CT? Think...

The writer obviously wants to nominate D70 as the ideal but probably due to pressure, she has no choice but to contradict herself so that people can see the light. :devil:

ehem...

I dont really read CT...i think, its the classic case of "wondering which is better, and still wondering why it's better" well, the D70 is already one of the best consumer level DSLR so far (I think)...the 300D is a breakthrough consumer DSLR product.

zaren said:

haha, probably you are not in the advertising world..................
both Nikon and Canon are their biggest advertisers .... how to offend them???
That's why there is always a Pro and Con comparison....... just to appear neutral.

espn said:

IMHO, CT is nothing but crap, their reviews are like 100-200 days late from the launch of any game/hardware/camera. Not to mention, which brand of camera advertises the most in CT? Think...

The writer obviously wants to nominate D70 as the ideal but probably due to pressure, she has no choice but to contradict herself so that people can see the light. :devil:

yeah... CT is always 'fashionably' late in their reviews. i'm a reader of HWZ mag, and their reviews are pretty up to date. sometimes, wat HWZ reviewed 2-3 mths ago, CT then reviewed them as 'new' products.... perhaps, they shld subscribe to HWZ.... :devil:

espn said:

:think: :think:

The end result is so neither-here-nor-there, I'm sure the paper knows what they are producing. It's so... unprofessional?

What about the other stuff they talk about, useful? Like e-commerce, net security, linux, etc etc...

espn said:

Well, you obviously don't know then, do you? :rolleyes:

But jokes aside, reason why I jumped in is simply because I received a PM stating the offensive nature that previous statement.

Whatever grievances anyone may have with CT, why don't you simply write into CT and express your views? I don't see a point in declaring your dissatisfaction online but stop short of going to the source if the problem.

Go write in to the editor and let it be known.

Shooting blanks into the air here serves on purpose.

As it is, this thread is closed.

Feel free to start another thread if you believe you're able to go about it without having the thread degenerate. Please understand that whatever you say online can be traced back to you and if there are consequences, you would have to bear it yourself.

The dubious honour of being the first to be taken to task has already been won. I appeal to everyone's common sense not to be the 2nd.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.