Speaker recommendation for desktop video editing

choo-

Jul 19, 2010
hi guys,

need some recommendations for a good pair of speakers for video editing (desktop based)

thanks in advance!

I recommend this retro-looking $40 speaker from Borders Bookstore http://www.urbanattitude.com.au/www/700/files/ms2_2375.jpg. It is far from being a good speaker but it s an editor's best bet against "false grandeur" You hear exactly what someone would hear listening to your video on a computer. Audio not panned centre? It will sound reedy. Hissy recording? You hear the hiss clearly. Peaked audio? Check! That's what I go for in a speaker. An unembellished and unforgiving cheap speaker that tells you exactly what's wrong with your recording.

Last edited:
I recommend this retro-looking $40 speaker from Borders Bookstore http://www.urbanattitude.com.au/www/700/files/ms2_2375.jpg. It is far from being a good speaker but it s an editor's best bet against "false grandeur" You hear exactly what someone would hear listening to your video on a computer. Audio not panned centre? It will sound reedy. Hissy recording? You hear the hiss clearly. Peaked audio? Check! That's what I go for in a speaker. An unembellished and unforgiving cheap speaker that tells you exactly what's wrong with your recording.

thanks

egg%20speakers.jpg

Last edited:
Depending on whats your budget and your level of work actually. :)
I use a pair of Adam Audio P11A, and a pair of Sonodyne for my two FCP workstations.
Industry standard usually use Genelecs, budget post houses uses Yamaha MPS5/10 quite a fair bit.

I'd love to have another pair of Quested for main mix when I master audio for broadcast programs.

For budget stuff, I've actually heard the Creative T21? series with the yellow kevlar cones that sounds pretty decent. Those are going for under S$200 i think.

Contact me if ur interested in Fostex.

Adams are good if u have decent budget, not expensive, but not dirt cheap either. Broadcast professional is the current distributor I think.

Well, there are many speakers available for desktop video editing software. The budget for each varies. It depends on the computer operating system. For more information on video editing software, you can read the solutions in the following link:techvy.com
In this site, you can find solutions options and there you can find everything about vdeo editing software.
I hope it will help you out. :)

And to top it off, you need a decent audio interface, aka soundcard.
Nowadays available in USB and firewire.