Sengkang
www.boo.sg
Photocomp2005flyerfinal.JPG

pay 1st! :devil:

If you submit enough entries, you can buy your own swatch already :bsmilie:

pay $10 to submit photos? :think:

yaoxing said:
Just take it as a fund raising contest. ;p

Ya, that's exactly what it is. Read the last line of the first paragraph. :)

I wouldn't mind sending a few pictures in to help raise funds. They do good work.

philliptan said:
Ya, that's exactly what it is. Read the last line of the first paragraph. :)

I wouldn't mind sending a few pictures in to help raise funds. They do good work.

den they should hav stated as such, instead of using d word "competition"...

They call it competition, because you can win some prizes at the end of the day. That's the definition of competition is it not?

Since they are not some big organisation, let's cut them some slack and just understand that they can't afford to pay photographers to take photographs for them. They are already struggling to keep the animals fed and taken care of. I understand this forum is rather particular abt the T&Cs of competitions but I'd see this one as helping a non-profit organisation out. I'd donate the money without any return anyways, so the chance of winning something is an added bonus. :)

This is also to raise awareness abt being responsible pet owners, which is sorely lacking in our society.

philliptan said:
They call it competition, because you can win some prizes at the end of the day. That's the definition of competition is it not?

Since they are not some big organisation, let's cut them some slack and just understand that they can't afford to pay photographers to take photographs for them. They are already struggling to keep the animals fed and taken care of. I understand this forum is rather particular abt the T&Cs of competitions but I'd see this one as helping a non-profit organisation out. I'd donate the money without any return anyways, so the chance of winning something is an added bonus. :)

This is also to raise awareness abt being responsible pet owners, which is sorely lacking in our society.

they mite as well oso hav a "Best Groomed Furry Friendz" competition. let free lance pet groomers groom those animals & make them look their best, speeds up adoption rate! :think: at d same time let pet lovers take a pic 4 a gd measure! :think: ;p

The prizes were donated by the companies i think and yea the $10 registration fee goes to the animals. I happen to be one of the volunteer photographers with the SPCA :D

i think all pets lover who are also photographers should support this ... :)

must it be our own pet? can we submit pics of other pple's pet ? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.