spare battery for k-r

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
hi,

anyone knows when the spare battery for k-r will be released, or where to get it, if it's already released?

not that the battery life is bad, it's not too shabby, should be about 400 shots thereabouts as rated.... but i would love to not have to charge my battery before i head out to shoot everytime, because there is no backup.

yes, i have called the shops, no indication.

I thought can use AA... rechargeable AA quite cheap...

need adapter, i think?

i would prefer to use lithium ion if there is a choice. agree that AA is cheap and convenient, but my eneloops are of the k100d era... so i would probably have to buy a few new sets.... and then they will reach a point where they become less effective at holding charge even if they are hybrid (i.e. eneloops). or maybe it's just the sets that i got. and i think quite a few of them (along with my maha charger) are with van, because she got flash, and i don't use them anymore..

huh ? no holder ? then how in the first place they come up with the design...

no idea, i seem to recall that the k20d battery was available pretty fast...? or was it because it was similar to k10d battery.. :dunno:

At adorama, the adaptor is 34.99, but the shipping fees to Singapore is 40+. :eek:
Looks like I need to wait for the local stocks to arrive. =(

huh ? no holder ? then how in the first place they come up with the design...

If you look at the battery slot design, it can slot the D-LI109 lithium-ion battery pack bundled with the K-r and to use AA batteries, have to get the D-BH109 battery adapter separately. Don’t ask me, ask Pentax why design like that and why don’t include the D-BH109 battery adapter in the package also.

ZURBATTPACK.JPG

Last edited:
Obviously to save costs, but a rather silly way to do so. This should be a priority item for Emjay to bring in for all the K-r users.

According to Emjay, the original Pentax battery adapter for K-r is very expensive.

Hence they are currently sourcing for a reliable 3rd party supplier for it.

I gave K-r a miss and settled for the older K-x, partly because of this.
I have too many Eneloops lying around, and don't feel like spending more money to buy the adapter, and carrying two chargers while travelling.

you can always buy the k-r, dump the lithium ion battery on me, and get the adapter with the money.... so that you can use all your eneloops. :heart:

At adorama, the adaptor is 34.99, but the shipping fees to Singapore is 40+. :eek:

Drop me an email and let's see if we can do something about that shipping fee.....HelenO@adorama.com

Thats nice, dropped you an email.

Last edited: