Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitroTech

Apr 4, 2002
In Paradise
Visit site
Hi all,

just wondering if any clubsnapper here has been to this beautiful country. Am planning a trip there and will advice on places to visit (for food and photography), budget hotels to stay and most importantly which cities to visit.

I can spend about 3 weeks there. I wanna start planning early. Kiasu lah.... :D

Thanks in advance for any inputs!!!

Cheers!!!

oh
my colleague went early this year
roamed ard for abt 2 wks.

taken lots of fantastic pics :D

maybe more updates later

Originally posted by Silverelf
What season are you going in?

I can't make up my mind..... I wanna go ASAP (but not in winter) so maybe March. But then again I wanna go to Pamplona(capital of Navarra) where they have this "Running of the Bulls" festival (Festival of Sanfermines), but that is in July and I can't afford to go twice.

Any advice?:dunno:

Personally I think going in July is a GREAT idea! It is going to be a bit more expensive though as it is summer. Why don't you just plan to go in July? Great sun, great sights... :) The mediterenean is meant to be experienced in summer. :) Be careful of the bulls though.... but I think that's easier to avoid then La Tomatina... where they thrash the streetswith Tomatoes!

I can't recommend any places to go cos I think they are all great.... :bsmilie: and depending on how many places you want to go, you might want to plan your travel days accordingly too...

I recommend summer, you get more time to plan too and it's summer, but then it's high season so it'll be a little crushy.

Also, how budget are you planning to go?

Also, how budget are you planning to go?

I am looking at S$5000 max (inclusive of airfare). Say plane tic cost S$1k. That will leave me with S$4k which is about 2200 Euros. What do you reckon? Could i live comfortably with that amount?

Originally posted by skyflash

Also, do you intend to travel by public transport or self-drive?

What do you reckon?? With my budget like that is it sufficient for self-drive?? And in your opinion will self-drive be better or public transport? How's traffic in cities like Pamplona, Barca, Sevilla etc?

Originally posted by rochkoh
hmm... are you also looking for travel buddies who might help you defray some costs? ;)

Running of the Bulls, Sanfermin, 6-14th July.
http://www.sanfermin.com/

I KNOW!!!! it was book marked long ago!!! Wanna go run with me??

"Lets take a ride and run with the bulls tonight in PAMPLONA!!!....." (sang to the tune of Pet Shop Boy's Suburbia) :D

Don't tempt me!! :devil:

Was planning for a backpacking trip to Eastern Europe with some buddies in mid/late-May, joining up with some trekking friends to Mt Blanc in June.. and now this??

How many days in Spain? ;)

Originally posted by NitroTech

I KNOW!!!! it was book marked long ago!!! Wanna go run with me??

"Lets take a ride and run with the bulls tonight in PAMPLONA!!!....." (sang to the tune of Pet Shop Boy's Suburbia) :D

Don't tempt me!! :devil:

Was planning for a backpacking trip to Eastern Europe with some buddies in mid/late-May, joining up with some trekking friends to Mt Blanc in June.. and now this??

How many days in Spain? ;)

looking at 2-3 weeks max (unless there are sponsors :D ). Will be going with 2 others and meeting a German friend there. You keen?? You have 6 months to save up...... :devil: And i will book my tics in March meaning can't back out.

The Hostel's rate ranged from 50+ euros to 70+ euros. At peak season (like event/festival), it could be more than 100 euros. So assume 50euros/night, 3 weeks (or 20 nights) will cost about 1000euros. :)

Also, do you intend to travel by public transport or self-drive?

You mean hotel or hostel?? Hostels aren't that expensive I think.

Nitrotech I'm getting VERY jealous of you ok.... I had planned a trip for last july but I couldn't go... :cry: so jealous that you can!!! Anyway just for your info, my intended budget was about $2500 for 7-10 days...... Your budget should cover you quite well unless you are planning to go paint the town in all colours and travel around a lot.

I think it may be better to take transport cos you don't have to worry about losing yourself in the streets and taking care of the car.... but then again I'm not a driver so... :) Someday I'll go ride horses in the plains of spain....

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the Plains!!

You mean hotel or hostel?? Hostels aren't that expensive I think.

Nitrotech I'm getting VERY jealous of you ok.... I had planned a trip for last july but I couldn't go... :cry: so jealous that you can!!! Anyway just for your info, my intended budget was about $2500 for 7-10 days...... Your budget should cover you quite well unless you are planning to go paint the town in all colours and travel around a lot.

I think it may be better to take transport cos you don't have to worry about losing yourself in the streets and taking care of the car.... but then again I'm not a driver so... :) Someday I'll go ride horses in the plains of spain....

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the Plains!!

Make it happen this July then!!! :) Just watched Discovery Travel & Adventure... The "Running of the Bulls" is the 6th most dangerous vacation in the world........ Really made me want to go even more badly....... Think it will be in July then.....

keen on Spain? You bet! But $4000 (excl. air ticks) is really out of my budget. i'm thinking more of S$2000-$2300. for about 15-16 days... or about <S$150 per day (excl. air ticks).. right after Wimbledon. ;)

Originally posted by NitroTech

looking at 2-3 weeks max (unless there are sponsors :D ). Will be going with 2 others and meeting a German friend there. You keen?? You have 6 months to save up...... :devil: And i will book my tics in March meaning can't back out.

A bit OT... but just curious...

When you go on holidays, do you prefer Free-And-Easy, Packaged Tour, or just plain Plane Ticket only? What I mean with Plane Ticket only is that you buy just the ticket and make all the arrangements (hotel accomodation, places to visit etc) yourself? Is it cheaper -- and worth it -- this way?

Asking coz I'm thinking of going on holiday this year -- maybe Down Under (assuming my job status gets stable liao).

:D

:Later,

keen on Spain? You bet! But $4000 (excl. air ticks) is really out of my budget. i'm thinking more of S$2000-$2300. for about 15-16 days... or about <S$150 per day (excl. air ticks).. right after Wimbledon. ;)

Then i will work with your budget mate!!! Better for me as well..... :) But really , the festival of Sanfermin is a must!!! Will the timing be right for you? Assuming you go after Wimbledon.

Originally posted by Pinoy

When you go on holidays, do you prefer Free-And-Easy, Packaged Tour, or just plain Plane Ticket only? What I mean with Plane Ticket only is that you buy just the ticket and make all the arrangements (hotel accomodation, places to visit etc) yourself? Is it cheaper -- and worth it -- this way?

Asking coz I'm thinking of going on holiday this year -- maybe Down Under (assuming my job status gets stable liao).

It really depends on the country I am visiting and whether i got friends in that country or not. For example, when i went to Sydney in August, I just got an air ticket (which cost me a lot cos i booked "today" and fly "tomorrow") and i bunked in with my friend. And I think it's cheaper to make hotel bookings here in Singapore or even on the internet rather walk-in bookings. Will save you some money.

Hostel. I meant twin-bed room. I still have the receipts with me. :p

Oops... think my definition of hostel and yours is different!! no matter!! just a name game anyway!! :)

Originally posted by Pinoy

Well, if I were very rich. I'd like to do it in style... :) But I guess I prefer to do the the 'plane ticket' only way. Package tours are good if you don't want any planning hassles. Free and easy is cool if you want to live in fairly comfortable places and not have the worry of not managing to get a room.

Other tha that, if I can. I prefer the 'plane ticket' only option, I get to pick where I want to stay, (though I may end up not in places I want to stay!) and I can pick where I want to go and spend as long as I want there! That I cannot have with a package tour!

Status
Not open for further replies.