Spain trip in September

avalancheseah

Jun 13, 2009
Hi all,

I am planning to go on a F&E trip to Spain in September this year.
I will have 3 nights in Madrid, 2 nights in Seville, 2 nights in Granada and 4 nights in Barcelona.
Below is my itinerary.
Day1 (Madrid) Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, Gran Via
Day2 (Madrid) Teatro Real – Opera House, Royal Palace, Museo del Prado and Reina Sofia Art Museums
Day3 (Madrid) Bullfighting – Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas, Real Madrid Stadium, Flamenco Dancing
Day4 (Seville) Santa Cruz Neighborhood, Casa de Pilatos, Flamenco
Day5 (Seville) Cathedral and La Giralda, Museo Provincial de Bellas Artes de Seville (Seville Museum of Fine Arts)
Day6 (Granada) The Cathedral, Plaza Bib Rambla, Albayzín Barrio
Day7 (Granada) The Alhambra, Plaza Nueva/ Paseo de los Tristes, Flamenco Show
Day8 Train to Barcelona from Granada (8hrs)
Day9 (Barcelona) La Rambla Walking Street ,La Boqueria Market, Plaza Catalunya, Port Vell
Day10 (Barcelona) Barri Gotic, Sagrada Familia, Montjuic and Modern Arts Museum
Day11 (Barcelona) Parc Güell, La Pedrera, Barceloneta Beach Boulevard
Day12 (Barcelona) Cover any places which we cant cover. (Back to Singapore 8pm flight)

Anyone has done something similar? Can you advise if I should remove anything or add anything. Thinking of adding Toledo into the itinerary as day trip from Granada.
How do you guys travel between Barcelona and Granada. Is internal flight a better choice?
Thanks all in advance.

Hello, you may consider making a daytrip to Montserrat from Barcelona.

I just got back from Spain last month. We missed toledo which I kinda regret. Toledo is very close to Madrid and quite far from Granada so you can do it from there.

Do a walking tour in Madrid. You'll get to see a lot of Madrid that way and learn a lot as well.

Museums only if you are a big art fan. Otherwise look to get into the whole tapas culture and consider getting "lost" in the cities.

I highly recommend doing the Alcazar in Seville. You will regret it if you miss it. I also recommend visiting Plaza Espana and if time permits, visit Triana. Best way to see Seville would be a bike or walking tour.

I see that you are a fan of flamenco, in which case I recommend that you lump the Flamenco in Granada with the Albayzin. A lot of nice places to go at in this district called Sacromonte which is to the north east of the Albayzin. I highly recommend Venta el Gallo - expensive but very nice.

We took the train to Barcelona from Granada and it was very comfortable.

Make sure you buy your train tickets and walking tour tickets well in advance. Same goes for the Alhambra.

I had a bit of an accident in Barcelona and so I missed out Montjuic and Plaza Espana which I caught a glimpse of on my way to the airport. Not to be missed.

If you're bringing your camera gear with you, be very very careful. Lots of pickpockets who will target your lenses if they can't get your camera.

What's the status for Spain? Safety wise.
Planning a 3 or 4 day trip to Seville.
Thanks in advance.

Following this-- I'd like to go to Barcelona in a few months but I'm not sure if that's wise

Get some one there to "protect" you. At least he speaks their language.

I speak the language pretty well so I don't necessarily need someone who does that, but going with someone else is a good idea. I've been thinking about that too...

Hello, you may consider making a daytrip to Port Aventura World from Barcelon.
I was there for 3 times!! Nice place

Attachments

• 67307_118679014859387_1643694_n.jpg
    67307_118679014859387_1643694_n.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 18