Southeast Asia Cheerleading Open

zchen

Apr 1, 2011
It's open and so nice to get some aerial shots ;)

Poster.jpg

Programme-Updated.jpg

Fyi.

For Visitors | 2nd Southeast Asia Cheerleading Open 2012

Video & Photography Policy

Photography and videotaping is NOT allowed during the competition the event. This is to ensure the privacy of the competitors. Offenders will be asked to leave the venue.

After the event has concluded, parents and spectators will be allowed to take photos of their children and teams with their event prizes.

Wasnt planning to go anyway. In my opinion De`Marque dont have enough light for a decent exposure unless your kit can get very clean shots without color degradation at iso 6400 and above at the fast shutter speed required to capture them. Also from experience in such event, flash unlikely allowed to be used.

most likely using spotlight so if something interesting happens but no spotlight, hope you are satisfied with such pics.

Last edited:
Wow,abit diffcult to do without any flash but any too far for to heading to Southeast Asia Cheerleading

It's a close door event.

Please don't waste your time going down to DTE and being told that photography and videography are not allowed.

Anyone with pics?

Last edited:
Anyone with pics?

i would say, if anyone connected to this event saw postings of those images online or passed around, you can be sure that the next time around, they'll be more strict on the rules.

i would say, if anyone connected to this event saw postings of those images online or passed around, you can be sure that the next time around, they'll be more strict on the rules.

There is also a possibility other then the prize giving, the photos are so chui that to post them up would be a terrible mess. The fact they chose the particular main image for the poster does speak of their "success" rate. Another one is possibly to protect the rights of the people they contracted to take pics because i know there are bystander shooters who can take better pics then the official photographers. I would thought they would have wanted more publicity on their sport.

At the very least post videos of the routines....cannot meh?

The National Cheerleading Championships on the other hand, they are going for more publicity.

I beg to differ... actually for starters, photography was completely allowed at the event. Lots of shooters were present but these were mainly from the parents/supporters of the teams.

Photos from the 3 official photographers are available online, just not here.

Official videos by Voxsports have also been available on their site.

Last edited:
so if that's the case, most probably their reason was the flash from the newbies and passers-by who don't know the etiquette required for this particular event.

At the end of the day, we've to respect the organiser wishes that it was a closed door event for family and friends.

It does show that the CS people have heeded the message.