South Buona Vista Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

huoyun

Sep 24, 2006
Tampines
www.flickr.com
Anyone took bus 200 down from Science Park 1 towards Haw Par Villa on this road? Windy and looks like its near some secret facility? I checked on streetdirectory and it seems to be cutting thru kent ridge park and there's 1 restricted area marked. I remember seeing 1 bus stop named "LP47".. sounds like some landing point number and there seemed to be some very old buildings camouflaged by foilage..

siao on ah? you go walk on foot and hunt all the bus stops ah? hahah i've driven pass there many years and never notice anything.

Think thats the wheather station or some sort, could be also a top secret military thingy :bsmilie:

yes, thats the weather station... zero doubts abt it... but i never take any pics of it... its just a place with a couple of big satellite dish thats all..

but hey... who knows that the satellite dish might be charged up with ion cannon beam to zap intruders !

Anyone took bus 200 down from Science Park 1 towards Haw Par Villa on this road? Windy and looks like its near some secret facility? I checked on streetdirectory and it seems to be cutting thru kent ridge park and there's 1 restricted area marked. I remember seeing 1 bus stop named "LP47".. sounds like some landing point number and there seemed to be some very old buildings camouflaged by foilage..
U watched Pierce Brosnan's Goldeneye? Yes, that's the GoldenEye Control Station where it has a pinpoint accuracy of +/-1m radius. :bsmilie:

siao on ah? you go walk on foot and hunt all the bus stops ah? hahah i've driven pass there many years and never notice anything.

siao bo.. i was on the way to hunt for pasir panjang pillbox, so this bus went through this route which i never took b4. so many bends, can do initial D movie for the next episode le ;p walk there kena long si also duno who did it :bsmilie:

Yep..there is some dishes on top near NUS...

yes, thats the weather station... zero doubts abt it... but i never take any pics of it... its just a place with a couple of big satellite dish thats all..

but hey... who knows that the satellite dish might be charged up with ion cannon beam to zap intruders !
Too much C&C for you my friend :bsmilie:

My office is a Science Park, right next to the restricted area marked in Streetdirectory.

BC

Too much C&C for you my friend :bsmilie:

no la... the place is very open.. any1 passing by can see it.. dun worry.... not really a military secret place, if it is, we wont be able to even see the dish le :bsmilie:

One of the few interesting driving roads left in Singapore.

...I remember seeing 1 bus stop named "LP47".. sounds like some landing point number and there seemed to be some very old buildings camouflaged by foilage..

"LP47" refers to the lamp post number the bus stop is closest to. There's also LP48, LP36, LP30 for that route.

Haa haa some things are better left unknown. Won't do any good knowing too much. Well the structure could be anything, restricted may not mean secret, it may just mean a location of importance, like for example you water treatment plants and some treatment rooms near reservoirs. :)

"LP47" refers to the lamp post number the bus stop is closest to. There's also LP48, LP36, LP30 for that route.

Thanks for clarifying... I though LP refer to certain body parts.... :bsmilie:

Hmm... some hiding place for TRANSFORMERS ???
Heehee... :think:

Just jokin! ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.