Sound Blaster Extigy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Hi,

My attempt at the T3 magazine-style product shot. Taken with a Coolpix 950, SB28 bounced via a large foam board and DIY seamless background (mahjong paper).

extigy1.jpg

Regards
CK

Somehow, the angle doesn't look very good to me. Maybe I just had a different picture in mind.

Originally posted by YSLee
Somehow, the angle doesn't look very good to me. Maybe I just had a different picture in mind.

maybe it feels more natural (perspective?) if the product is faced the other way, the side with the wording flowing upwards from left to right? After that that is the way we read, we scan from left to right..

Originally posted by skf

maybe it feels more natural (perspective?) if the product is faced the other way, the side with the wording flowing upwards from left to right? After that that is the way we read, we scan from left to right..

I actually have it the other way round also. DoF really hard to control with a consumer digicam, so I didn't quite get the result I want. But here it is anyway.

extigy2.jpg

extigy3.jpg

Regards
CK

Hey Ckiang

don't just take photo only leh. Share share how good is your new toy leh!:rbounce:

T3 magazine-style product shot?
They actually invited you to take hardware photos for their magazines?
If so, that's really cool!
Where can I find such a job? :)

as i am someone really interested in product shots, i must really say u have done a great job on that...

only 2 1-cent worth comments from me if i could :

1. angle seems to be a bit weird.
2. u need some more soft fill light for the top of the unit and bottom of the unit .. firstly to highlight the word "Creative" and 2 to give the unit a bit less shadow on the bottom...

thanks

Originally posted by Michael Ang
as i am someone really interested in product shots, i must really say u have done a great job on that...

only 2 1-cent worth comments from me if i could :

1. angle seems to be a bit weird.
2. u need some more soft fill light for the top of the unit and bottom of the unit .. firstly to highlight the word "Creative" and 2 to give the unit a bit less shadow on the bottom...

thanks

Thanks for your comments. I only had 1 flash and 1 foam board when I shot that. :D

Regards
CK

Originally posted by PFG
T3 magazine-style product shot?
They actually invited you to take hardware photos for their magazines?
If so, that's really cool!
Where can I find such a job? :)

Join T3 lor. :D

No lar, I did say "T3 style" but not shooting for T3 (if only). Not that good enough yet. Shot them for my company. ;)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Join T3 lor. :D

No lar, I did say "T3 style" but not shooting for T3 (if only). Not that good enough yet. Shot them for my company. ;)

Regards
CK
Hey CK, you work for Creative ah?

Status
Not open for further replies.