Sound-activated Flash Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

seezhijie

Nov 8, 2010
Malaysia
Anyone knows where to buy a nice sound-activated flash trigger for high speed photography?
Must be in Singapore, and no eBay or Amazon.

Thanks lots~

Edit: by the way what's the difference between what a motion trigger (laser?) and a sound trigger captures?

Last edited:
there isnt one as far as i know but if you know digital electronics and handy with soldering iron, quite a simple job to create a trigger be it sound based or whatever.

Cowseye said:
An ignorant question, isn't light faster than sound for high speed purpose?

But I'm not asking about light ^^

Why sound?

coz the shots i intend to do will create sound? which do you guys think is better? laser or sound?

I have no idea why you're thinking in such a direction. Both with the laser and sound.
Even if they were possible, it'll be highly complicated devices in terms of filtering out unwanted sources.
Does anyone smell a troll?

I have no idea why you're thinking in such a direction. Both with the laser and sound.
Even if they were possible, it'll be highly complicated devices in terms of filtering out unwanted sources.
Does anyone smell a troll?

do you even know how high-speed photography works?

have you calculated that the subject will actually be slower then the sound it will produce for sound activation to work?

have you calculated that the subject will actually be slower then the sound it will produce for sound activation to work?

meaning?
i intend to capture something like... let's say pop a balloon and capture the few split seconds after the burst starts. or smack a wine glass and capture the glass splitting apart

Never heard of such a trigger before...hmmm

i have and seen. and know where to get.

if you've seen people taking photos of objects getting shot by a gun. they use sound triggers.

but i don't help rude people.

eleveninth said:

if you've seen people taking photos of objects getting shot by a gun. they use sound triggers.

Ahhh. I just realised what he's talking about

not in my control. whenever i try to make it sound better it just gets worse. but nvm, you already answered part of the question

I know where to get it in local shops too, but I will never help rude people, they don't deserve my help.

I know where to get it in local shops too, but I will never help rude people, they don't deserve my help.

hey bros. that's interesting. never thought of that before (as in the sound triggers). please PM me the information if you don't mind sharing :D

thanks in advance! don't worry. i won't pass it on unless it's a nice person ;)

Then now everyone got influenced by one single person. Time to close thread

Status
Not open for further replies.