SOS - DIY expert needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
Similar to Ihjz's thread (http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=129879&highlight=DIY) ,
I hope some kind soul will help me instal a desktop tower asap coz my harddisk crashed two nights ago!
Me seeking help here since from that thread, it seems like those Bengs at SLS not reliable. Willing to pay the helper a token sum for his work.
Need this PC strictly for photo editing and storage.
SOS..... urgent!

PMed you already.

lolz just unscrew and take out the dead HDD and screw back a new HDD then install OS. no need to assemble a new rig

user111 said:
lolz just unscrew and take out the dead HDD and screw back a new HDD then install OS. no need to assemble a new rig
but the setup was P3 ... not worth the effort.
Anyway want to thanks the 5 brudders here who offer their help.
Yesterday went to SLS and after an hour got more confused with DIY.... so finally decided to cross over to a Mac Mini.
So far so good but I have a problem with the monitor calibration now ... the photos quality on the screen now are not nice at all compared to when I was using PC... anyone can advise me how to correct the colours? Is there any way I can improve the photos and pictures in the monitor (used back the old LCD one)? :dunno:

Canonised said:
but the setup was P3 ... not worth the effort.
Anyway want to thanks the 5 brudders here who offer their help.
Yesterday went to SLS and after an hour got more confused with DIY.... so finally decided to cross over to a Mac Mini.
So far so good but I have a problem with the monitor calibration now ... the photos quality on the screen now are not nice at all compared to when I was using PC... anyone can advise me how to correct the colours? Is there any way I can improve the photos and pictures in the monitor (used back the old LCD one)? :dunno:

cheap way, go do a search of your LCD monitor profile & install as the profile for the Mac mini. cos the generic profile dun suit your LCD monitor.

for a more expensive & more accurate way, buy a monitor calibration unit...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
cheap way, go do a search of your LCD monitor profile & install as the profile for the Mac mini. cos the generic profile dun suit your LCD monitor.
Thanks! it works! still not perfect but much improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.