Sorry for waiting, my JBP pics are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
1:
bigbird.jpg

2:
whitehead.jpg

3:
cornbill.jpg

4:
flamingo.jpg

5:
whitebird.jpg

Free to comments.

Great closeup shots - courtesy of your 50-500 i guess - it looks to be a really good lens judging from your shots.

Especially like the first bird (dunno the name - perhaps Ed can help here...) - the bird really stands out against the background.

The toucan (or is it a hornbill?) seems a little overprocessed - my guess is it was underexposed and tried to correct in Photoshop? ;)

Looks like a fantastic lens afterall!!!
Can't tell difference from here to those 'pro' lens... ;)

It's defintely a member of the heron/bittern family, but I've been trying to find out exactly what for some time now seeing as I've also got a shot of one when I went to Australia:

heron.jpg

nine, did you apply a wee bit too much unsharp mask in some of the photos?

Originally posted by kongg
hmmmmmmm 9lives, the 50-500 seem to live up to expectations...........any more shots to post???
kongg, unless you buy me a scanner, the pictures were scanned by bluestrike with his scanner.

darren, the cornbill appears overexposed on the slide, therefore it was my fault. probably i was forcusing on the black feather.

ys, the size of the picture were very big, they were around 2.5 MB, so i have to redeuce the size. Once I reduce, they will appear very blur, so I need to use unsharp mask. But on the slide, they were really sharp, fandee and bluestrike can be the witnesses. :)

Originally posted by Jed
It's defintely a member of the heron/bittern family, but I've been trying to find out exactly what for some time now seeing as I've also got a shot of one when I went to Australia:

heron.jpg

It's either a little heron or a night heron... I'll try to refer to my birding books later..

Any info I can refer to on the specs of the 50-500?? I might be intererested...

i have seen his slide of the picture above...the slides are better...the 50-500 lense is not bad after-all...

Is there image stabilisation?
How much did u get the lens for?? Looks interesting... hmmm

This is real value for money!
And the money saved can be used to pursue this hobby to further places!!! :gbounce: :gbounce: :gbounce:

looks like sigma has done the impossible and produced a good 10x zoom lens (i.e. 50-500 is 10x)

nice photos by the way :)

The bird is a Nankeen Night Heron, I have some photos of it as well. ;)

Hmmm... i think its time to go to the bird park again.... perhaps i'll organise a photo session there once all the CNY stuff is out of the way...

Originally posted by willyfoo
Is there image stabilisation?
How much did u get the lens for?? Looks interesting... hmmm

I guess 500mm is not enough for you ... try this lens .. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.