Sooper Supper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draken413o

Jan 1, 2009
Singapore.
www.facebook.com

Food and Drink at 1am in the morning. This dish is called Laksa.. A local favourite which taste heavenly!

Laksa is a popular spicy noodle soup from Peranakan culture also known as Baba and Nyonya, which is a merger of Chinese and Malay elements found in Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia.

The origin of the name "laksa" is unclear. One theory[1] traces it back to Hindi/Persian lakhshah, referring to a type of vermicelli. It has also been suggested[2] that "laksa" may also be derived from the Chinese word "la sha" (辣沙; pronounced "latsa" in Cantonese), meaning "spicy sand" due to the ground dried prawns which makes the gravy taste extremely sandy. The last theory[3] is that the name laksa is derived from the similar sounding word "dirty" in Hokkien due to its appearance.

Descriptions aside.. I was more excited about taking the picture than actually eating it.. I'm very very full now.. and I'm afraid to go to sleep or I may get indigestion..

moby

Apr 8, 2005
Actually this shot is not bad. I like the colors and clarity.

But the thing is there are 2 subjects here, the pepsi and the laksa which can be distracting to the viewer.

Unless it is a "Set Meal". ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.