soon-to-be FZ20 me but i need help from the seniors here :p


Status
Not open for further replies.

qert

New Member
Dec 20, 2004
49
0
0
36
#1
greeting all!

am proud to be the FZ20 owner in the nxt few weeks and, just wondering, can the lens do manual focus? like bakah-ing? and, which filter should i get that reduces flare and increase contrast type? CV right if i'm not wrong? and also, which ext flash should i get? budget is around $60 for ext flash :)

that's all i have to ask.

merry x'mas to y'all and a happy new year!!
 

LifeWorld

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,324
0
0
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
#2
qert said:
greeting all!

am proud to be the FZ20 owner in the nxt few weeks and, just wondering, can the lens do manual focus? like bakah-ing? and, which filter should i get that reduces flare and increase contrast type? CV right if i'm not wrong? and also, which ext flash should i get? budget is around $60 for ext flash :)

that's all i have to ask.

merry x'mas to y'all and a happy new year!!
Greeting,

FZ20 has manual focus using ring on lens barrel to focus.
Contrast can be set to low, standard, high.
For flash check with mpenza..... he has good recommendation!
 

jbma

Senior Member
Dec 28, 2003
3,287
0
0
Tampines
#4
Like mentioned above it FZ20 has a manual focussing ring. It laso has 3 levels of sharpness and contrast. So no need to do anything for the forst two. As for flash you can get the Suntax 328DTZ for between 50 and 60 bucks. Depends on where you go to buy it and also your relationship with the shop. Either one is a decent price for it. So just start shooting.
 

qert

New Member
Dec 20, 2004
49
0
0
36
#5
yo all!

thanks for the reply. hehe

i am looking for ext flash that has bounce capability? last time when i was using 601, i had to put tissue infront to shoot coz the pop up flash is too strong.

anyone got lobang for ext flash? hehe :p
 

gunny

New Member
Nov 19, 2004
97
0
0
North East
#6
You want to bounce or diffuse the flash? Don't mix those two as they are completely different although many people like to use both term loosely. Bounce means you point the flash to somewhere else and let the reflection from it reach your subject. People typically use low white ceiling for this to create a much softer lighting for the subject compared to direct shot. The other way is to use the card bouncer like Nikon SB-25 flash does.

Diffuser is something like Sto-fen here: http://www.stofen.com/ Coulde be because of them that the term bouncer is used loosely :D IMHO, even you use OmniBounce and point directly to the subject, the picture will still be quite harsh. I have few sample pictures if you would like to see the diff of bouncing and diffusing.

BTW, back to your question, Sto-Fen Omni Bounce for Nikon SB-24/25/26 fits Suntax 328 DTZ perfectly, although I heard there is a third-party brand similar to Omni Bounce that costs only one third of it can be bought in AP.

There is also Lumiquest (http://www.lumiquest.com/) for your consideration of bouncing and diffusing. CP carries some of Lumiquest products.

I am currently using Suntax 328 DTZ like many other here in this forum. I just got a cheap Nikon SB-24 from eBay that I will try with my FZ20. The only limitation of 328DTZ (a big one, IMO) is that it cannot swivel thus if you are taking photo in portrait mode, there is no way you can bounce the flash to the ceiling. I hate those shadows and harsh pictures in portrait mode, thus I am looking for better alternative.

Cheers,
SG
 

JimDavis

Senior Member
Mar 15, 2004
2,730
0
0
53
Eunos
george.tan.singapore.fotopic.net
#7
qert said:
yo all!

thanks for the reply. hehe

i am looking for ext flash that has bounce capability? last time when i was using 601, i had to put tissue infront to shoot coz the pop up flash is too strong.

anyone got lobang for ext flash? hehe :p
This is the flash that I am having now:



Should not cause you more than S$60 (Some ppl here get S$50 from AP)
 

Dec 21, 2004
143
0
0
#11
HI, u may consider Emoblitz DS326. it has bounch and swivlve at the same time. cost less than $60. i like the external sync very much.
 

JimDavis

Senior Member
Mar 15, 2004
2,730
0
0
53
Eunos
george.tan.singapore.fotopic.net
#12
rogersk8ter said:
HI, u may consider Emoblitz DS326. it has bounch and swivlve at the same time. cost less than $60. i like the external sync very much.
Where to get the Emoblitz DS 326? What is the trigger voltage?

I dun want my cam to be BBQed... :sweat:
 

Howdy

New Member
May 10, 2004
202
0
0
#13
JimDavis said:
Where to get the Emoblitz DS 326? What is the trigger voltage?

I dun want my cam to be BBQed... :sweat:
Saw it at AP - should be ok for digital camera as this brand is by two Singaporean who is targeting digital camera weak flash market.


See other CS who have bought the same brand. I did not get that as the color was not appealing 2 me, but the up-down, left -right swivel should be better.

http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=95270

http://www.secamera.co.kr/mall/view.asp?mall_code1=02&mall_code2=002&mall_num=105
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom